How to remove Yashica Lynx 5000 front lens

gregoryzim

Local time
6:35 PM
Hi

This probably seems like a very simple question but having just fixed the stuck shutter on my 5000e - I find the construction of the "same" f1.8 lens on my 5000 is nothing like the one on the e. !!! Nothing like it.

I've read how much Yashica could change and interchange parts between all their production runs but a bit bemused at the essentially different lens of two models that follow each other.

This lens - see picture below obviously unscrews somehow - but does not have that simple lens in the middle approach like the e - but multiple concentric rings one after the other.

The photo shows it down to the point where three rings have already been removed and as yo can see we still have the lens in the middle surrounded by an aluminium ring/cup which itself is surrounded by a black metal ring that appears to screw into the main lens surround. This black ring is flanged at the top (so it can be gripped)

None of these however will budge and I don't want to force what is not supposed to turn so would really appreciate if anyone knows if its the lens that turns, the aluminium case its in that turns or the outer black ring that turns? ( I just want the lens so I can clean the back of it !! )

Its difficult to tell from the photo but the lens is recessed into the aluminium cup and the black ring top plate sits slightly below the top of the aluminium cup edge.

Thank you

Greg

Attachments

• Lynx 5000 F1.8 mk2.jpg
    Lynx 5000 F1.8 mk2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back