Hunting with camera better

Ronald M

Mentor
Local time
10:01 PM
https://www.latimes.com/california/...-wants-to-ban-trophy-hunting-la-man-is-target

Just ran across this brave hunter story who killed an elephant with a gun. How much moxy does it take to shoot an animal with a high power rifle with a backup guide next to you just in case?

Elephant is a tribal creature intelligent enough to help each other and mourn the loss of one. Why would you want to kill one. Bad enough people poach them for the ivory so others can buy trinkets.

Maybe your Nikon or Canon would be more challenging and would serve to save the species or at least not harm them.

I agree, I have of friend that is into elephants. She gets physically ill when she sees 'trinkets' and hears stories of sport killing.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-wants-to-ban-trophy-hunting-la-man-is-target

Just ran across this brave hunter story who killed an elephant with a gun. How much moxy does it take to shoot an animal with a high power rifle with a backup guide next to you just in case?

Elephant is a tribal creature intelligent enough to help each other and mourn the loss of one. Why would you want to kill one. Bad enough people poach them for the ivory so others can buy trinkets.

Maybe your Nikon or Canon would be more challenging and would serve to save the species or at least not harm them.

Couldn't agree more. Never understood how killing wild animals can be considered "sport". When I was a kid my dad used to tell me, "The only way hunting is a sport is if you're hunting wild boar with a bow and arrow. That way the boar has as good a chance of getting you as you have of getting him." This was in the 1960's when bows were simple, compound fiberglass, nothing like the high tech stuff they have today.

Best,
-Tim

I think people should be able to hunt big and rare game with the caveat that they have to use only the tools they were born with. Want to hunt an elephant? No problem. Go out and take it hand to hand. Same goes for rhinoceros, tigers, lions, cape buffalo, Kodiak grizzlies, moose, polar bears, crocodiles, whatever. Hunt with your bare hands.
Phil Forrest

Back