I needed help, and the forum delivered!

piero2020

Established
Local time
5:02 AM
I wanted to share my appreciation for the help received during my discovery of rangefinders, which helped me achieve the images I longed for. Thanks to everybody for the help.
Here are some results:

- Zeiss Ikon ZM
- Heliar 15mm LTM w/adapter
- Nokton 50mm LTM w/ adapter
- 28mm Voigtlander LTM w/ adapter.

Attachments

• 000012390014.jpg
    000012390014.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 000012420003.jpg
    000012420003.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 000012400032.jpg
    000012400032.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 0
There are ways in which I prefer the Ikon to the Leica M7, price notwithstanding. It is lighter, easier to load, less conspicuous, and has that wonderful viewfinder.

Just be careful about the strap lugs - there are many reports that the metal is quite soft, and metal strap rings will chew through them over time. Use some kind of cord to tie through the strap ends, rather than have metal rings directly contact the strap lugs.

The Heliar 15 is such a fun lens, especially the LTM version. Even though it isn't rangefinder coupled, it doesn't really need it. And it is so small, it goes in a pocket until you want it.

Problem viewing this thread....
When not logged in I can see links to photos in the original post. When I click on a link a dialog box opens saying I have to login to view the image. I enter my login info and the image appears. I then try to go back to the original post and the links have disappeared.
Now I log out, go back to look and the links are there again.
I login and go to the post and the links don't show up.
Anyone else having this problem?

There are ways in which I prefer the Ikon to the Leica M7, price notwithstanding. It is lighter, easier to load, less conspicuous, and has that wonderful viewfinder.

Just be careful about the strap lugs - there are many reports that the metal is quite soft, and metal strap rings will chew through them over time. Use some kind of cord to tie through the strap ends, rather than have metal rings directly contact the strap lugs.

The Heliar 15 is such a fun lens, especially the LTM version. Even though it isn't rangefinder coupled, it doesn't really need it. And it is so small, it goes in a pocket until you want it.

Thanks! What about the m6?

Thanks! What about the m6?

I haven't tried a M6 apart from handling one in a shop a few times. The Ikon viewfinder is still larger and more bright than the M6, not to mention lighter and less expensive. Don't get me wrong, I love the M7 for the feel in the hand, the shooting experience, not to mention being a beautiful looking camera.

Problem viewing this thread....
When not logged in I can see links to photos in the original post. When I click on a link a dialog box opens saying I have to login to view the image. I enter my login info and the image appears. I then try to go back to the original post and the links have disappeared.
Now I log out, go back to look and the links are there again.
I login and go to the post and the links don't show up.
Anyone else having this problem?

I'm logged in, and I can see the attached images and click on them for full size, too.

Back