Images from your Retina.

The Heligon on my IIIc has a really creamy bokeh.

I think you ended up with the IIIc that I used to own :)
It's a beautiful camera, and that Retina-Heligon is superb. It's actually the Retina in my profile photo.
That is a camera I really wish I could have used more, but due to health issues I couldn't physically use it.
Great to see it getting use, and it looks like you really like the camera.

This isn't a great photo, but I think it shows that Retina-Heligon bokeh well.

ACtC-3eweQ1pyn7Wpta9XIXKMPxfzmRZmIQo4DHwtrIZknPi_dhCzi7o181wiVc89ndfThr5ZNiViFugFKZ2M2S03yjuZ7OVXsxBgk5XaOiwtHqqDN-zpq9labQb4k3yg437FoUN78Y6sbOC5gKy5y3W0l6y-A=w1000-h692-no

I think you ended up with the IIIc that I used to own :)
It's a beautiful camera, and that Retina-Heligon is superb. It's actually the Retina in my profile photo.
That is a camera I really wish I could have used more, but due to health issues I couldn't physically use it.
Great to see it getting use, and it looks like you really like the camera.

This isn't a great photo, but I think it shows that Retina-Heligon bokeh well.

That is very cool. A succession of owners. I presume you -> GerryM -> me. I think it will become my new travel camera (presuming I can start travelling some time soon). I have been packing my Contax iia + couple lenses, etc. This is much more compact and just as nice to use, plus a great lens. In know I can get lens inserts for it, but for the moment I am really happy with the Heligon.

That is very cool. A succession of owners. I presume you -> GerryM -> me. I think it will become my new travel camera (presuming I can start travelling some time soon). I have been packing my Contax iia + couple lenses, etc. This is much more compact and just as nice to use, plus a great lens. In know I can get lens inserts for it, but for the moment I am really happy with the Heligon.

Just remember that if you want to use the changeable front group auxiliary lenses, the lens manufacturer needs to be the same. For your camera you won't be able to use Schneider made auxiliary lenses.

One of my favorites from that camera... Incidentally, this photo is included in my photobook "In Significance".

Bluebird by Colton Allen, on Flickr
Kodak Retina IIIc
Rodenstock Retina-Heligon 50/2
Expired Fuji Superia 200​

Retina IIIc Xenon 2/50
I have another retina IIIc with the Heligon, both lenses are excellent.
66af83f8ec618c85b7215e8738494578.jpg

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX1 mediante Tapatalk

The original Otis Cafe was in Otis, Oregon which is about fifteen miles from the coast. It was popular and quite successful but it burned early in 2019. The pandemic hit, then the wildfires in the fall of 2020 and the property owners decided not to reconstruct the building. The restaurant moved to the Taft district at the south end of Lincoln City and are doing quite well.

Otis Cafe, Lincoln City, OR

Back