In Solidarity with Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know which cameras are made in Russia instead of the Ukraine? I'd prefer to use the non-Nazi Global Homo stuff

KMZ and GOMZ are on Russia, so Zorky, Zenit, Lubitel , Moskva, Horizon, Iskra and some rare/Large format cameras where made on Russia.

By the way, since those cameras where made by now extinct goverment, I would get a Zorky, Lubi or Moskva with a clear concience. If you want to be concious, you may want to avoid the modern Zenit lenses.

"i lived in Netherlands for years and i can tell you Serbia is 50 years ahead when tolerance and minority rights are concerned."

I think Kosovar and Bosnian Muslims would disagree....

By the way, since those cameras where made by now extinct goverment, I would get a Zorky, Lubi or Moskva with a clear concience. If you want to be concious, you may want to avoid the modern Zenit lenses.

Oh but I am a Putin -Russia supporter with a clear conscious. I think Russia is entirely correct to invade the Ukraine and they’ve been quite careful to avoid civilian casualties,

I simply don’t believe western media. They’ve been lying forever so why would they start telling the truth now?

"i lived in Netherlands for years and i can tell you Serbia is 50 years ahead when tolerance and minority rights are concerned."

I think Kosovar and Bosnian Muslims would disagree....

well you should learn history and how it happened and who initiated all that. but ok... we didnt even fight in bosnia-bosnian serbs were even blocked from getting any weapon by serbia. but do you know that in start of war in croatia all generals that were fighting separation were actually croats? main army general was croat-his deputies, air commander and field one also croat. easy to check.... and as for kosovo is concerned - they had paramilitary separatist army there. would any country just say -ah you guys are very cool entering country with weapons and walking around in uniforms. damn - eu and spain didnt even recognise catalan referendum and imprisoned all organizers for even thinking about separation. so please dont preach. also when we were in non alignment pact with most of africa and asia - you guys all still had colonies and segragation laws. we had black and arab student and still have and you have them work in supermarkets. and i will just leave this thing here and go back to photography because i dont want to discuss with anyone from west who still ignores the fact that colonies still exist in 21st century-just under a fake name of external territory. territory that has 10% of standard of main land... and here is one belgrade/brussels comparison in 1958 - you guys had human zoos-what else to say... also here are some photos for you to understand situation better - Harvard research that shows that serbs have lowest racism in europe. then also some demographic info about number of serbs in kosovo and croatia. croats and albanians lives so bad under serbs that they were allowed to push serbs out of their territories for decades as you see numbers...

https://youtu.be/V9T5NQFyOls
Screenshot_20220324_093211_com.android.chrome.jpg

Down the toilet, Raid. No personal attacks, which is commendable, but a lot of nonsense being spoken ("yes, but what about...?") and grievances being aired. I probably shouldn't have even responded to nzeeman's previous post, but to say Serbia doesn't discriminate had to be challenged, considering the horrific events of the war in Bosnia and Kosovo. It actually explains a lot about Putin's thinking -- "poor us."

its a sad world where guy from nazi collaborator country like Lithuania explain to me who come from purely anti-fascist country something about human rights. plus your country did same as ukraine and made some monuments for collaborators recently. but you dont mind it in ukraine so you dont mind in lithuania - so its easy you are nazi.

I agree with you that it is now a sad world. It is sad when members on a usually very friendly photo forum tries to stick insulting labels on other members.

Regarding the question which country of Lithuania or Serbia is ”nazi” my input is that I do not know of any Lithuanian who is convicted of war crimes recently. But there are some well known Serbian low-lives.

The Baltic States, Finland, Norway, Danemark, Island and we in Sweden have a common culture and historiical background. We are small states living near a hostile neighbour. We therefore try to help each others.

Many believe that the Baltic states are next in turn for Russian ”liberation”. In fact the percentage of Russian speaking in Estonia is higher than in Ukraine. The large Swedish island Gotland will then surely be occupied by the Russians.

Many people here in Sweden are now worried that we will also be involved in the war. I hear my friends telling me that they have diifficulties sleeping. Many are also trying to help the mostly women and children that are coming from Ukraine in large numbers. Official figures say that the number of refugers will be over 250 000 before June only in Sweden!

Let us all hope that the madness ends before that!

So if there were any Putin-aligned Russian citizens participating they would be banned/deleted to "keep the thread on track"?

Or is this a case where people point out the absurdity, neuroticism and hypocrisy of the West and people are butt hurt that anyone would disagree with their vaunted preening virtual signaling.

To engage in a constructive dialog there has to a difference in opinion, otherwise it's worthless flattery and vain. It should be possible to talk in a civil manner without loosing control or threatening people. Calling for "moderation" (an euphemism for deletion) when the discussion doesn't go the way you intended to go is a weak, childish response. If someone has a good counter then please speak up, let's hear it.

Why don't people try a little to keep their comments less "radical" and of course, do not insult anyone with a personal attack.
It is OK not to agree with the rest of the views. It is also OK to stand behind with a less vocal voice and wanting to see a discussion that stays above the level of "doomed to get this thread closed soon".

Bottom line..
Aint no one a gonna change anyone else's mind..
No matter what they say.. or provide as evidence..not going to happen..
Most of us are old here and are gonna be dead in 10 or 20 anyways..
All population of planet will be dead or close in 60..
Change is slow..
What else is new..

Maybe someone has thought of this (admittedly I haven’t read all the posts in this thread)… but what if there were some sort of organization, not Western, not Eastern, not allied with any political ideology, but rather a worldwide organization of nations - a sort of united league of countries - which would serve to air grievances and seek peaceful solutions before a situation approaches the point of hostility? This organization, as a whole, would have the authority and ability even to intervene - to prevent or possibly repel an aggressor. After two horrific world wars and dozens of equally horrific smaller wars , maybe such an organization could be formed to prevent such catastrophes and prevent what’s happening today in Ukraine. Or, perhaps, that’s just a fantasy and it would fail miserably.

Maybe someone has thought of this (admittedly I haven’t read all the posts in this thread)… but what if there were some sort of organization, not Western, not Eastern, not allied with any political ideology, but rather a worldwide organization of nations - a sort of united league of countries - which would serve to air grievances and seek peaceful solutions before a situation approaches the point of hostility? This organization, as a whole, would have the authority and ability even to intervene - to prevent or possibly repel an aggressor. After two horrific world wars and dozens of equally horrific smaller wars , maybe such an organization could be formed to prevent such catastrophes and prevent what’s happening today in Ukraine. Or, perhaps, that’s just a fantasy and it would fail miserably.

UN was supposed to fill that role, but it failed misserably IMHO.

The UN has not been terribly successful, but it's what we've got, and better than nothing. Too much effort in the US has been poured into weakening the institution further (and we all know by whom!) rather than attempting to strengthen and support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back