Inexpensive Chinese Contax Mount to LTM- Maybe a little work required.

Are these two adapters made by Amedeo, or are they low grade copies and are they for external mount lenses?

The second one is not an Amedeo, the first one might be, it looks like it may be the wide adapter for lenses that have big rear elements that conflict with the RF cam. The adapter would slightly offset the lens so it wouldn't conflict with the cam, but it's only usable with zone focus, no RF coupling. For use with the Contax 21mm for example.

That's my guess anyway!

The second one is not an Amedeo, the first one might be, as he used to make a wide adapter for lenses that have big rear elements that conflict with the RF cam. The adapter would slightly offset the lens so it wouldn't conflict with the cam, but it's only usable with zone focus, no RF coupling. For use with the Contax 21mm for example.

This makes sense. There is written W, referring to wide angle lens.

I think the Amedeo adapter is really awesome. My wishlist for Amedeo (or for the S.K. company) is to somehow make interchangeable M mounts for the adapters. Being stuck with 50mm really limits the usability on M bodies for 28mm/35mm or 85/105 lenses. Also, I did notice that the Amedeo-Nikon S adapter does not quite perfectly mount to the 105mm f/2.5 Nikkor, the clip on lens that clamps on is not the right size. As a result, it is easy to screw the lens off the adapter when focusing.

I think the Amedeo adapter is really awesome. My wishlist for Amedeo (or for the S.K. company) is to somehow make interchangeable M mounts for the adapters. Being stuck with 50mm really limits the usability on M bodies for 28mm/35mm or 85/105 lenses. Also, I did notice that the Amedeo-Nikon S adapter does not quite perfectly mount to the 105mm f/2.5 Nikkor, the clip on lens that clamps on is not the right size. As a result, it is easy to screw the lens off the adapter when focusing.

that's not a good sign. SKG....if they would even consider it, would charge big money. some enterprising person on RFF is encouraged to contact SK about it though.

that's not a good sign. SKG....if they would even consider it, would charge big money. some enterprising person on RFF is encouraged to contact SK about it though.

I mean, ideally, I would prefer a Contax/Nikon to LTM/M39 adapter, as then you can use the proper adapter for the framelines. But I heard somewhere that the LTMs were not as accurate or easier to screw up the focus or something? It seems to me that LTM should be the default if it works just as well as the M.

I've owned a few bayonet Amedeo adapters over the past few years (I used to distribute them to his US customers ~10 years or so ago when he still lived in Venezuela, in fact.)

But when I inquired last year I asked for the screw mount version instead. This gives the most flexibility: in combo with an LTM adapter this will bring up the desired framelines (and the adapter can be 6 bit coded if shooting digital.)

I'm not following the 105 comment tho.

Here is a pic about the 105mm and the adapter. See how the claw doesn't quite go around the ridge?

Attachments

• amnikk.jpg
    amnikk.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
hmm...the claw should snap into place after the lens is attached, here is the contact point, the little flange to the left is what impedes rotation with the claw to keep the lens attached.

IMG_1938.jpg

I was going to buy one of these Chinese made adapters to use the Helios 103 lens on my LTM Leicas, Niccas and Canons but was not too sure about the quality of that adapter.

This is interesting. I have two Amedeo adapters: one for Contax mount to M-mount, and one for Nikon S-mount to M-mount. The former adapter will mount both internal and external mount Contax RF lenses; so, for example, I can use a Zeiss Jena Sonnar 85/2.0 lens (external mount) as well as a Zeiss Opton Sonnar 5cm f1.5 (internal mount) on my Leica M3. Not so with the S-mount to M-mount adapter. That adapter appears to only mount Nikon RF internal mount lenses, such as the 5cm f1.4. Would love to have an adapter for S-mount that would allow use of the wonderful Nikkor-S 85mm f2.0 on an M3…

This is interesting. I have two Amedeo adapters: one for Contax mount to M-mount, and one for Nikon S-mount to M-mount. The former adapter will mount both internal and external mount Contax RF lenses; so, for example, I can use a Zeiss Jena Sonnar 85/2.0 lens (external mount) as well as a Zeiss Opton Sonnar 5cm f1.5 (internal mount) on my Leica M3. Not so with the S-mount to M-mount adapter. That adapter appears to only mount Nikon RF internal mount lenses, such as the 5cm f1.4. Would love to have an adapter for S-mount that would allow use of the wonderful Nikkor-S 85mm f2.0 on an M3…

I have been able to use my Nikon S mount Amedeo adapter on all of my Nikkor lenses -- the 35mm f/2.5, the 50mm f/1.4, and the 105mm (with that clip issue, just have to be careful). Maybe you have a different version?

The latter is the dedicated adapter for 50mm internal mount lenses, which also focuses closer (RF coupled to 0.7m) and changes the rotation direction so it's the same as Leica lenses.

The latter is the dedicated adapter for 50mm internal mount lenses, which also focuses closer (RF coupled to 0.7m) and changes the rotation direction so it's the same as Leica lenses.

Thanks for clarifying this. Yes, my Nikon S-mount to M-mount Amedeo adapter only mounts internal mount 50mm lenses. I’d love to find an Amedeo adapter that mounts both external and internal Nikkor S-mount lenses, for use on M-mount cameras.

I just got such a [cheap] adapter [not from Amedeo] . I am trying it out with a J-8. It took me quite a while to remove the adapter from the lens after I put it on. Is there a specific way to put the adapter on the lens?

Thanks for clarifying this. Yes, my Nikon S-mount to M-mount Amedeo adapter only mounts internal mount 50mm lenses. I’d love to find an Amedeo adapter that mounts both external and internal Nikkor S-mount lenses, for use on M-mount cameras.

Get a hold of the Head Bartender -- he may be able to help.

Hello Raid,
try it again a couple of times . I do not have a J8 lens yet have found that some 5 cm Nikkor lenses fit better the Amedeo S to M adapter than others. I have a couple of these adapters since the rf coupling is not always consistant out of manufacture and as you experienced some of these worn vintage lenses might fit better than others .

My FotoFox Nikon RF to LTM adapter arrived yesterday. I’ve mounted my Nikkor-S 5cm f1.4 on it and screwed it into my Canon VI-L. Will shoot some pics and report back.

I just got such an adapter. I am trying it out with a J-8. It took me quite a while to remove the adapter from the lens after I put it on. Is there a specific way to put the adapter on the lens?

I did not have a problem with the Nikkor 5cm F1.4. What happened when you tried removing the J-8? It could be the lock tab is too thick, I've seen that before.

Back