Instax Wide in a Horseman 985

Retro-Grouch

Well-known
Local time
8:16 AM
Okay, anybody done this, or am I just being looney? I'm thinking of putting a Horseman Increasing Back (stepping up from 6x9 to 4x5) on my Horseman 985, then using the Lomograflok back to shoot Instax Wide. Any reason this won't work?
Second concern: my 105mm is a Super Topcor, designed for 4x5, so I'm not concerned about coverage. My 65mm and 150mm are designed for 6x9; since the Instax format is roughly 6.1x9.9 cm., I'm thinking these two lenses, being designed for corrective movements on the Horseman, will have a big enough image circle to cover the Instax without any serious vignetting. Anyone out there have any thoughts about this, either warnings or encouragement? I'm usually not one for weird hacks, but this seems too enticing to ignore!

I don’t think the Instax Wide image area on the Lomograflok back is centered on the holder, so you may need a bit wider coverage.

I don’t think the Instax Wide image area on the Lomograflok back is centered on the holder, so you may need a bit wider coverage.

That's weird, but then it is Lomography! Thanks for this heads-up; I'll have to do some research. For sure, the 105 will work, at least.

Back