Interview with Stefan Daniel of Leica Germany

filmtwit

Desperate but not serious
Local time
12:06 PM
A Candid Conversation with Stefan Daniel, aka Mr. M. Developing the M7, the M9 Sensor issue.

I (not me) had the opportunity to speak to Mr. Stefan Daniel, aka Mr.M back in November of 2021 during the Celebration of Photography even in Wetzlar Germany. He started his career at Leica as a 16-year-old apprentice, and now he sits as the Executive Vice President of Technology and Operations. Stefan talks about his 40-year career at Leica, including being the product planner of the M7, how the M9 saved Leica, and some of the challenges Leica had over the years. If you see his eyes light up as we talk about camera gear, you know he's one of us... a camera nerd. He's also an avid photographer, buying his first camera at age 13. Watch this interview to find out what his first camera was. A hint, it wasn't German :) Thank you Leica Camera AG Germany and Leica Camera USA for the opportunity to visit Wetzlar, tour the Leitz Park campus, and speak with so many of your team, including executives, production staff, service, and administration. I look forward to return in the near future. Please remember to like, comment, share and subscribe to help me continue making content like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZsWIjiyH0&t=1004s

Back