Is PIXII another Kronost?

I suspect that the biggest challenge for the camera will be battery life. They claim that it uses an FPGA internally, which is inherently less power consumption friendly than a dedicated ASIC. Then there is the question of what from the description sounds like an always-on wireless connection to a phone to give a distributed system architecture.

It is an interesting project - I hope that they succeed.

.....Then there is the question of what from the description sounds like an always-on wireless connection to a phone to give a distributed system architecture.

Good points. No LCD to managed or power should make it a lot simpler. A lot depends on their approach to sending pictures to the device. I'm not sure if there is a low power heart-beat to just keep the connection alive or if there is a buffer in the camera that would flush when you make a connection? Lots of different options all depends on their user stories/requirements/design.

It will be fun to watch what comes out.

B2 (;->

The power draw of an FPGA vs ASIC is minimal compared to not having an LCD. No need for a constant connection to the smartphone.

Back