Isco 35mm lens - need help identifying mount

largedrink

Down Under
Local time
7:53 PM
I picked up this nice Isco Westron 35mm f4.5 lens today at a second hand store, but I don't know what camera it mounts to. Can anyone help?

​​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo116541.jpg
    photo116541.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo116542.jpg
    photo116542.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 0
  • photo116543.jpg
    photo116543.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 0
I'll look that one up. On the Isco lens the widest outer ring is loose and rotates freely. It might have an internal thread, it's difficult to tell.

Rick Mr_Flibble might be able to help.

I can't say I readily recognize the mount either, sorry.

It vaguely reminds me of the AKA Akarette mount.

Edit, my guess echoes yours, Raydm6, that it is for the Aka Arette BW / Akarette, if not, it's likely for the Diax. Very similar but not compatible.

The Arette BW manual only mentions the 35 f/3.5 though.

Thank you both, yes the mount looks similar to pictures of 35 f3.5 lenses for the Akarette. I can't find mention of an f/4.5 version anywhere. Looking at a photo I took of the cameras in the window of the shop, I see one that looks like an Akarette with a different lens mounted... I should have tried it out. Maybe I ought to get the camera and reunite them. Thanks again :)

Attachments

• photo116544.jpg
    photo116544.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your input Rick! They are very interesting cameras.

The Akarette/Akarelle mount has a 35-36mm female thread collar. ISCO made a number of lenses in the AkA mount, particularly later when Schneider optics got too expensive for Akarelle buyers.

Definitely an akarette/akarelle mount. Looks identical to the one I got recently .
Regards, Nathan

Attachments

• 891D5460-9D7D-46D6-8DE9-53C34EE129B5.jpg
    891D5460-9D7D-46D6-8DE9-53C34EE129B5.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 0
  • D13A9EC8-1441-4A19-BABE-1D7EDE6F0393.jpg
    D13A9EC8-1441-4A19-BABE-1D7EDE6F0393.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 0
I'd go back and get that Periflex. Such a neat camera..... I've wanted a black one for long time.

I'd go back and get that Periflex. Such a neat camera..... I've wanted a black one for long time.

I'm not too interested in the Periflex but if you like I could purchase it on your behalf and post to you. It looked nice (I also like black cameras). Price fairly high at $495 (New Zealand dollars), I could talk them down to 450 perhaps. I attach a couple more photos of it. It focused smoothly.

P.S. the shop is over an hour away from me, I can't go back easily but could get items sent to me.

Attachments

• photo116559.jpg
    photo116559.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 0
  • photo116560.jpg
    photo116560.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm not too interested in the Periflex but if you like I could purchase it on your behalf and post to you. It looked nice (I also like black cameras). Price fairly high at $495 (New Zealand dollars), I could talk them down to 450 perhaps. I attach a couple more photos of it. It focused smoothly.

P.S. the shop is over an hour away from me, I can't go back easily but could get items sent to me.

Thanks much for the offer. Apparently the value of Periflex cameras has risen substantially since I last considered one. By an order of magnitude...I passed on one several years ago at about $50US. I was purchasing plenty of other fun stuff that day.

...by the way, Nathan, have you used the Akarette or Akarelle for photography? Would you recommend them?
Regards,
Hugh

Hi Hugh, I quite like the akarette/akarelles. They’re very small, smaller than a Leica screw mount, and the Schneider lenses are very good, especially the unit focus ones, but most of the cheaper lenses were front cell focus. My favourite lens is the 35mm f3.5 xenagon, it is tiny! There’s a quite rare 35mm f4 xenagon, one day I’ll find a reasonably priced one. The bodies are reliable once you service the prontor shutter, I’ve somehow collected probably 10 bodies and I’m slowly servicing them all. With each one I’m getting a little better at it :).
nathan

Back