japan 2019, colour headaches

SimonSawSunlight

Simon Fabel
Local time
6:27 AM
i shot a couple of rolls of colour film (mostly superia 400 and some ultramax 400) in japan as well. i also have colour pictures from my previous stay in japan but since i decided to throw out a third of the current edit of the book i'm working on and go black and white only (heya, let's start all over!), i will have to find some other use for them. we'll think of something. maybe an add-on zine. or. i don't know yet.

here's a small, mediocre, semi-arbitrary selection from october 2019. can't give it all away just yet, can i.

I don't see how these are mediocre! I love some of the juxtapositions you've been able to capture, these are Erwitt level, or thereabouts. The guy drinking deeply from a can while the other looks at it confoundedly; the woman reading while the tiny child huddles into her leg, the two older people reading on the street.

What lens did you use? I'm going to assume this was with the M2 and Color Skopar 35/2.5?

I missed this when it was initially posted, I went and found the paired B/W thread. While I enjoy both, it's clear to me that you were thinking in different directions when you took the two sets.

From this one I think my favorites are: 1, 2, 9

I say do a parallel zine. Japan is such a colorful environment. Lots of contrasting colors, lots of color Pop! Visually enticing! Enjoy the Color and the Culture!

Back