Just got Bronica SQ and ETR adapters because I had 4 Bronica lenses, so why not?

murrayatuptown

Established
Local time
4:25 AM
A few years ago I bought a 50/3.5 Bronica Zenzanon SQ lens with no camera because it was a 6x6 cm lens and wide angle. All because I saw a round image on 4x5 film once at an art gallery.

I also have a Bronica ETR (645) and 3 lenses. Camera works but needs gooey light seals replaced. The Bronica and RB67 lenses are very unfriendly for trying to adapt to anything else casually. This month I found a BSQ-EOS Canon adapter, then an EOS-NEX adapter, then found an ETR-EOS adapter. Interestingly, my daughter has an EOS DSLR, but my lenses probably don't interest her. Anyway, now I have 40,50, 75 & 150 mm lenses that I can use and am enjoying. Large, manual only and have to press DOF-preview to stop down, but it's still a luxury to have legitimate lens mounts after primitive freelensing with spacers & found objects.

I'm a recent convert to a low-usage NEX-7 (purchased with 3524 shutter operations). It was a significant upgrade for me, so I'm not yet lamenting not having full-frame.

I bought one AF E-mount lens to have auto-features & keep me aware of what the camera can do without me creating obstacles for myself.

I really like experimenting with anything that will form an image...not too picky.

I am of the opinion that photographers are the right people to appreciate photographic equipment. My financial situation does not allow me to build and maintain a large photographic collection but if you can, I can't see why you shouldn't. Enjoy the Bronicas, great cameras and lenses.

I was 35 before I even even heard of another Murray. I never had a name license plate on a bicycle because apparently there wasn't much demand.

The Bronica was a lucky hand-me-down from a retiree who still had things he couldn't get other family members to take. He was glad he wasn't going to discard it!

Back