Kentmere 400, latest samples

The tones you get from the JDM lens are very different to the series E. The E creates an odd pasty tone on pale skin and resolves contrast in that tonal range less well. If you induce internal flare - the best way to do this is to have light directly striking the front element but from outside the frame - the flare characteristics are totally different.

Your photos would look great whatever lens you used, and, as I’ve said before, I really admire the way you’ve so consistently documented your family life in a very plain way that doesn’t exert the process on the outcome much. Your children will really value these in the future - and hopefully there are also enough of you that they have a record of their parents.

Marty
Thank you, Marty! That's very generous and much appreciated. There are plenty of smartphone selfies of me and my family, but for reasons I think you understand, I seldom appear in my own film photos. 😅

I know this thread is about Kentmere Pan 400, and this thread lead to me buying a couple of hundred feet of it. However, @dourbalistar keeps putting pictures made with Kentmere and his Nikon FM2n and a 50/1.8E. I have this pairing - the lens bought cheaply from my local shop as I needed ‘something’ for the body - and it’s pretty well a perfect film slr setup in my mind. Just really nicely balanced and easy to use.
Not a bad combo, to be sure, but I'll take my F4 & 50/1.4 over it every time :cool:

Back