Kipon Iberit … anyone?

Bille

Well-known
Local time
6:25 PM
Has anyone tried the Kipon Iberit line on Sony?

I have used the 35 and 24mm lenses, both do not hit infinity on my Sony bodies (tried two). I cant believe the factory messed up this badly.

Any idea?

Are they Sony mount lenses, or are you using them with an adapter. If you are using an adapter, it may be too thick. If not, it could be the lenses. There is ZERO quality control today. none. Even from big established companies like Olympus and Panasonic, I reject 8 out of every 9 lenses I check when I buy one new.

Are they Sony mount lenses, or are you using them with an adapter. If you are using an adapter, it may be too thick. If not, it could be the lenses. There is ZERO quality control today. none. Even from big established companies like Olympus and Panasonic, I reject 8 out of every 9 lenses I check when I buy one new.

Thanks, these are native E-Mount. Maybe it´s that I´m used to having manual lenses that go past infinity which these do not. Stopped down they are ok as one would expect. Wide open at what is supposed infinity pretty weak.

Agree with you 100% on lack of quality control with modern gear.

It is no go attempt to present cheap lenses as something associated with Germany and because of this fake demand higher price.
It was DOA with M mount and they were stupid enough to duplicate same fiasco in different mounts later on.

It is no go attempt to present cheap lenses as something associated with Germany and because of this fake demand higher price.
It was DOA with M mount and they were stupid enough to duplicate same fiasco in different mounts later on.

I think German ibe optics was involved in the design. Aside from my infinity issue these feel very well made. The look is pretty "oldschool" film era with some aberrations. They arent clinically sharp like your modern Sigma Art something with 30 elemens in 20 groups.

Kipon is still in business and has just released a 2022 version of the 35/2.5. So apparently someone is buying them.

Back