Kodachrome -Post your images!

dave lackey

Mentor
Local time
4:38 AM
*(Note: Kodachrome only!)

I have been thinking about our kids.

When was the last time you looked at your Kodachrome slides? I thought so... same here. In fact, i don't know quite where they are at the moment. Imagine that is has been almost 8 years since Kodachrome production and processing ended. That means a whole generation of younger people grew up without ever shooting Kodachrome! (Do the math... a 12 yr old in 2010 is now the 20 yr old. Guess what he/she is shooting these days?) our grandkids are now around 12... and I hope to get them more interested in film photography.

The latest movie about a dying photographer is hardly what the younger generation or anyone needs to know about Kodachrome. But WE have those wonderful slides to share!

So, while I start going through the closets, how about starting an enduring collection of Kodachrome images right here?:)

Great idea! I, with many, sorely miss Kodachrome. I'm glad I shot as much as I did and wish I had shot more. Oh, well, time marches on.

That said, some images from the family archive, representative of the stability and longevity of Kodachrome, and what future generations can expect from our more recent images:

- 1940, a photo of my dad (age 19 at the time) and his cousin (17)
- 1957, my grandparents with my cousins.

Attachments

• ~1940s_misc_0003.jpg
    ~1940s_misc_0003.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 1957_MAY_01_0001.jpg
    1957_MAY_01_0001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 1957_MAY_01_0002.jpg
    1957_MAY_01_0002.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
Great idea! I, with many, sorely miss Kodachrome. I'm glad I shot as much as I did and wish I had shot more. Oh, well, time marches on.

That said, some images from the family archive, representative of the stability and longevity of Kodachrome, and what future generations can expect from our more recent images:

Superb!!!

1940? Absolutely wonderful...:):):)

Kodachrome 64
4628235056_7f0608b408_o.jpg

Kodachrome 200
4193431057_e40bcb659b_o.jpg

That shot from 1940! They would be very bluish by now if that had been shot on Ektachrome.
Thanks for posting that.

Wonder how long before the nattering nabobs of negativism saunter over to this thread.

Gorgeous images, Brad and Larry! The timelessness of slide film, especially Kodachrome is amazing as is the quality. Lovely red hair in that one, Larry! Our youngest granddaughter has red hair, too, so I am already an admirer!;)

What's really strange about Kodachrome is that it always seemed perfectly logical to have one body loaded with it (ISO 25) and the other body loaded with Tri-X (EI 200-650) and to use them side by side in perfect harmony.

Back