Leica LTM Leica 1a w/Buddha Ears?

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
9:30 PM
Curious about this camera.

It is a 1a (missing the lens) but with "patina-ed" Buddha ear strap lug eyelets. Strange...
http://www.masterpiececamera.com/leica---copy-ltm-cameras.html

Would this have been a factory modification/add-on? I searched other 1a's and am not seeing anything in this configuration.

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 4.58.21 AM.png

7275fadb3ed01a6769e8cc3ace1d618f

The brass is quite thick. Doesn't break off easy! I think it has been removed for some reason, a special viewfinder maybe. Interesting camera.

Erik.

If you look at the attached pic you will see that the 'round' shoe doesn't have a pin, a tab is folded upwards from the base. In the OP's picture it looks like this is now flat or has been broken off.

IMG_1235 by dralowid, on Flickr

Mmmm, not broken off, in my view.
The "break" looks too neat. Perhaps this was made in order to put a special viewfinder on it. That seems more likely to me, also given the other professional adjustments that have been made to the camera such as the removal of the infinity-spring and the addition of the strap lugs. But anything is possible.

Erik.

Last edited:
These early Leica models had a certain simplicity charm and a very (big pocket) pocketable design .
No need for strap lugs with that concept in mind.

These early Leica models had a certain simplicity charm and a very (big pocket) pocketable design .
No need for strap lugs with that concept in mind.
The Leica l had a clumsy case that contained the accessories too. Strap eyelets are very handy when you want to have the camera ready at all times.

When you want to use this camera you must be sure that the focusing mount is standardized, otherwise focusing will be very difficult. If it is standardized it can be used with a normal Elmar from a Leica la. The original lens has been twisted out of its original mount.

Erik.

Last edited:
Back