Leica Brand Guide

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
9:59 PM
I came across this Leica Brand Guide and found it very interesting. I always thought their literature and ad copy had a nice look-and-feel. I have seen similar brand/style guides in corporate America with rules on design and usage.

The red dot script FONT is: Corporate S BQ bold

Leica Camera is also depicted as a modern, forward-looking company in its use of typography. The consistent use of only one font family, Corporate S, in all communicative channels ensures continuity and immediate recognition – completely in keeping with the uniform look. The typography is reduced to the essentials. It is timeless and elegant, sans serif and precise, simple and matter-of-fact.

More on their typography and history.

I'm kind of a typeface geek myself, though I hadn't bothered to find out which typeface Leica used in their materials. It has always struck me as a little severe, antiseptic, "too-cool-for-school," black turtleneck hipster-ish. If you remember Mike Meyers's Dieter character from Saturday Night Live (apologies for the US cultural reference, for those of you not familiar), that's the kind of typeface he would favor.

I'm kind of a typeface geek myself, though I hadn't bothered to find out which typeface Leica used in their materials. It has always struck me as a little severe, antiseptic, "too-cool-for-school," black turtleneck hipster-ish. If you remember Mike Meyers's Dieter character from Saturday Night Live (apologies for the US cultural reference, for those of you not familiar), that's the kind of typeface he would favor.

Lol LOVE Dieter and “Sprockets”

Sprockets Dance

Back