Leica MDa, complete guess work. I love it.

I see, so one is with f8 DOF and close distance and another is with not so close distance and f2.5.

Sorry for derailing this thread but come on, why don't you try reading? You do this in every thread. He clearly says, "and yes you're going to say "well that's stopped down and fairly far away and woopwoopwoop" so here's more." He doesn't say the images below are wide open. He goes on to say, "and some more at f2.5" which means the images below that phrase are at f/2.5. Stop being an idiot.

Sorry for derailing this thread but come on, why don't you try reading? You do this in every thread. He clearly says, "and yes you're going to say "well that's stopped down and fairly far away and woopwoopwoop" so here's more." He doesn't say the images below are wide open. He goes on to say, "and some more at f2.5" which means the images below that phrase are at f/2.5. Stop being an idiot.

I'll report your post and putting you on ignore list. It looks like you are one of those who hate people with ESL and hate those who are thinking differently.

I do same as OP does and it was game of the guess what he did.

I'll report your post and putting you on ignore list. It looks like you are one of those who hate people with ESL and hate those who are thinking differently.

I do same as OP does and it was game of the guess what he did.

Cool story. But back on topic. Great stuff.

it is all about guesswork after all!

Absolutely! I switch my 35 aperture between f2.8 and f11 and do my tab focusing on the street instead of RF most of the time. It is just not enough time to RF. :)

But to be honest, I would be very tempted to RF for last three indoor images in OP. Or I would bump it to f5.6 for scale focusing. So, those three I liked most. :)

and some more at f2.5

I'm one of the few here at RFF with an MDa. I put up a WTB ad here (RFF) and someone answered! Sorry I can't remember the cool dude who sold me my MDa.

I use it when I'm in the guessing mood, but I don't like to guess too much so I think I've only used it with my CV 15/4.5 lens. I still seem to get motion induced blur even with this wide, wide lens. I guess I let my technique slip when I'm using the MDa and move the camera in hand while pressing the shutter release. Purely psychological.

I'm really impressed with Simon's use of a 35 on the MDa. The image of a "business lunch" is awesome. I may some day get as bold as to use a 35 on the little beast.

I'm one of the few here at RFF with an MDa. I put up a WTB ad here (RFF) and someone answered! Sorry I can't remember the cool dude who sold me my MDa.

I use it when I'm in the guessing mood, but I don't like to guess too much so I think I've only used it with my CV 15/4.5 lens. I still seem to get motion induced blur even with this wide, wide lens. I guess I let my technique slip when I'm using the MDa and move the camera in hand while pressing the shutter release. Purely psychological.

I'm really impressed with Simon's use of a 35 on the MDa. The image of a "business lunch" is awesome. I may some day get as bold as to use a 35 on the little beast.

how long have you had it? i sold one to an RFF member late last year, forgot the cool guy i sold it to. :D

I use a Canadian MD2 (only 1000 made).

Use to use it with a 21 SEM, but now with a black Canon 28/3.5 that has the distance scale marked in feet only.

25/28 Zeiss finder. Also the MD2 allows use of a TA Rapidwider and Rapidgrip because it has the drive coupling.

I will say using a 35mm is very brave.

Cal

Not really.
It is the standard focal length on scale focus cameras like Nikonos, Minox 35, Agfa Optimas (the ones w/o rf) and the Rollei 35 uses a 40mm lens.

Huss,

I think "bold" might have been a better word to use. In use closer shots that are tight and fill the frame that Simon displays in his shots are not so easy. Stopping down is a bonus.

The lenses you mention are of modest speed. In my case using my 35/1.8 Nikkor in LTM for a close tight shot would have limitations if say I used F2.0 or F1.8. Of course not focusing on a close subject offers more lattitude. Simon seems to do very well in pushing the closer limits, and this is why I tried to compliment his skill.

Anyways I framed my response with my kit in mind, and I did not frame what I am now mentioning.

How about an MDa with a Snapshot-Skopar?

XT1S0005 by Jean-Yves, on Flickr

I like the MDa, its like a Voigtlander Bessa T :)

without the LED silicon meter
without the long base adjustable diopter rangefinder
without the swing open back
without the film ID window
without the metal shutter curtains
without the 1/125th sync speed
without the top 1/2000th top speed
without the choice of black or silver or blue or grey or black paint finishes

voigt_T_ch_01.jpg
voigt_T_ch_04.jpg

I like the MDa, its like a Voigtlander Bessa T :)

without the LED silicon meter
without the long base adjustable diopter rangefinder
without the swing open back
without the film ID window
without the metal shutter curtains
without the 1/125th sync speed
without the top 1/2000th top speed
without the choice of black or silver or blue or grey or black paint finishes

voigt_T_ch_01.jpg
voigt_T_ch_04.jpg

But with the beautiful finish
But with the carved from billet feel
But with the whisper quiet shutter
But with the forever serviceability

how long have you had it? i sold one to an RFF member late last year, forgot the cool guy i sold it to. :D

Yes! I'm that cool guy! :D

Loving the MDa. It actually gets out of the house and sees a little of this world.

Ya, ya, I know. Let's see some piktures.... Let me see if any are "accessible".

Back