Lets see your X-Pro1, X-E1 Black and White photos

eleskin

Well-known
Local time
1:56 PM
I would love to see some black and white photography with the X-Pro1 and X-E1. I currently shoot with a Leica M8 and 80% of the time I convert my raw's to Black and White. I would like to see how the X series files hold up compared to other cameras for Black and White. I would like to see resolution, shadow detail, and highlight rendition. Some 100% crops would be good to see as well. I print on custom cut 27"x17" Exhibition Fiber and fill most of the paper up with my M8. I would like to see how well the X series performs at these print sizes or larger. I would also like to see some low light examples too, especially with the 35mm f1.4.

First one's at ISO 6400, second one at ISO 3200. Both are out-of-camera JPEGs.

14. Basketball at Roberto Clemente Park, Miami by Semilog, on Flickr

26. Basketball at Roberto Clemente Park, Miami by Semilog, on Flickr

Probably ISO 800 for the third and 200 for the fourth, which was shot into the sun under extremely high-contrast conditions. Again, JPEGs. I tend to like slightly clipped shadows so the camera is set up to deliver that. The RAW files contain additional shadow detail.

Hands [iii/iv] by Semilog, on Flickr

This is with the 35/1.4. Note the lack of veiling flare and the total absence of coma in the point-source water droplets.

Untitled by Semilog, on Flickr

x-e1 and zoom

8248215736_46987571d7_c.jpg

A PURRfect shot...A Perfect Kiss indeed !

Thank you very much.

I was able to take 6 or so shots. All of them had character, but this one stood out. I was afraid they would stop kissing, but from the body language I suspect they are still there...

a couple of personal faves from this year

a couple of personal faves from this year

first one was using a 28mm CV Ultron, the second using the Fujinon 35mm

Last edited:
Back