Lets see your X-Pro1, X-E1 Black and White photos

In my living room. Mx1 with 27mm. Converted to b+w and tweaked in Snapseed.

f554d7bded89e158ae5708aa94c35428.jpg

Recent shots using the Rokinon 12mm lens

Vasquez Rocks, CA
DSCF0078Edit-vi.jpg

4 stitch pano of El Capitan in Yosemite, CA
DSCF0524PanoEdit-vi.jpg

Chicago, IL
DSCF0135Edit-vi.jpg

Sears Tower. Chicago, IL
DSCF0147Edit-vi.jpg

B/W with my X-Pro1 and 23mm f/1.4

B/W with my X-Pro1 and 23mm f/1.4

These images are what I came back with this morning. I went out to shoot birds, but the fog had them all grounded. It's 70 degrees here.

I've known Mr. Newton for about 4 years. His family are thick in these parts of Virginia. Been here for many generations, you can tell by his accent. There are roads and businesses all over that carry the Newton name.

Mr. Newton is a fisherman, has been nearly all of his life. He did spend some time in the Service, but he is and always be a fisherman. My favorite bird watching point is on land that belongs to his family. He's always been friendly and doesn't mind if I shoot from this spot. I see him every time I go out - he showed up and takes care of his boats. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we just wave.

This particular boat, Nancy, was built by his father back in the 1930's, by hand. It has survived many hurricanes and years of being in the water. A testiment to the craft of boat building. I shared with Mr. Newton that my good friend, John Kneidel used to build boats, by hand, with nothing more than a plane, a few saws and a pencil.

Thats the way real men build things. That and occasionally some blood.

All shot with my X-Pro1 and the 23mm f/1.4

We always have two doggies around here, sometimes three when one needs a foster home.
Buddy, the last foster, was a hoot.

Attachments

• image-4071479933.jpg
    image-4071479933.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
Back