Other/Uncategorized Light Lens Lab Barnack replica film camera?

Other Screw mount bodies/lenses
I could see myself picking up a black paint Leica II someday.

I recently picked up a black/nickel Leica II with nickel strap lugs. I've never seen one like that before. Very close to mint, only with scars in the black lacquer due to the effect of the velvet of the case.

Erik.

The oldest Barnack is a relatively simple device, so someone over in Shenzhen disassembled one, scanned the parts and laser printed them. What's the big deal? Another toy for the nouveau riche Party members.

Yes, this is exactly why I posted it! Good grief.

As to the market for this camera, there are plenty of photographers that are current model I owners who would like a new body, and those who are just getting into film cameras that would appreciate a brand-new unit instead of something that has more collectable value than usage potential. Since I wouldn't use something like this very often, I'd stick with getting an original model I for that authenticity feeling, knowing that I won't be wearing it out anytime soon. Unless, that is, the LLL version is much less expensive. But I don't hold out much hope for that.

PF

I love the Barnacks, but only the pre-IIIc ones. I've never understood why the IIIc and the IIIf were made. The III or IIIa is a superfine camera when
mounted with a SBOOI or a SBLOO and, eventually, with a SCNOO. However, don't forget that a SCNOO or a Leicavit makes a camera a lot bigger and heavier. The real advantage of an LTM-Leica over an M-Leica is then gone.

gelatin silver print (summar 50mm f2) leica II

Erik.

I had not seen this one before. Beautiful, Erik!

This is really cool. More new film cameras that aren't just disposables (or disposable in all but name) can only be a good thing. LLL is an ambitious little startup. I hope after they're done doing Leica replicas they can create new camera designs of their own based on what they've learned from making Leicas.

This is really cool. More new film cameras that aren't just disposables (or disposable in all but name) can only be a good thing. LLL is an ambitious little startup. I hope after they're done doing Leica replicas they can create new camera designs of their own based on what they've learned from making Leicas.

Yeah, maybe they could restart the Zorki line.

PF

Back