Listen to a great Tom A interview !

What a great guy T.A. is... As he says, we all need a deep, global change in our ways of living, one that includes a change of attitude in the government and in the educational system too... I think he's been a hero for lots of us here, for many years... And his sense of humor is a joy! Thank you Tom for all your posting here & kind help, and for giving life to my beloved R4M! Yay! Without you, Stephen and Mr. K's deep love for photography, my life just wouldn't have been this great photographic adventure I've been enjoying for the last years... Thank you very much!!!

I never realized that the interview what that long! John Barnabas is a good friend and I thought he would cut it down to "bit sized" segments. Fun though - my swedish accent comes through.
Thanks for the kind words - but "hero" is a scary moniker - fire men, police men, medical staffs are hero's - I am just a tinkerer with opinions.

What a great guy T.A. is... As he says, we all need a deep, global change in our ways of living, one that includes a change of attitude in the government and in the educational system too... I think he's been a hero for lots of us here, for many years... And his sense of humor is a joy! Thank you Tom for all your posting here & kind help, and for giving life to my beloved R4M! Yay! Without you, Stephen and Mr. K's deep love for photography, my life just wouldn't have been this great photographic adventure I've been enjoying for the last years... Thank you very much!!!

+1

Nicely put ... and great to see you back here Juan. :)

Superb Tom...Your spin on Life always brings a Smile to my Face
Love to You and Tuulikki (Miss 'Softie Queen' )
xo-H

Thank you, Stephen, for making gus aware of this interview. Tom - great to hear you talk. Hearing a person talk will always give a more precise impression of the personality, and I must say that in this case my impression of you as knowing, kind and interesting person was enhanced.

I never realized that the interview what that long! John Barnabas is a good friend and I thought he would cut it down to "bit sized" segments. Fun though - my swedish accent comes through.
Thanks for the kind words - but "hero" is a scary moniker - fire men, police men, medical staffs are hero's - I am just a tinkerer with opinions.
Lot's of fun hearing this interview. Thanks Tom A. for being a support to my "art". :D

The reason for our throw away society is quite simple: most western countries' resources are spent on servicing debt. The general public cannot afford quality products. Western economies are involved in race to the bottom, desperately trying to export to get some money back. All from because of our debt based money system, that has created the globalisation monster that is ravishing the entire planet of its resources.

Very interesting podcast. I was thinking about trying to get an apprenticeship with a uk leica technician the other day!

It is probably a good idea. We will soon enter an era when the tool-wielding technician will rule! Just look at what a plumber, electrician, car mechanic makes per hour - and with stuff like high end cameras, particularly mechanical ones will do well. Might not sound as impressive as "IT manager" - but when his plumbing crashes - who is he going to call - and pay 100% overtime to - as plumbing rarely crashes during normal daylight hours!

Thanks, Stephen, for posting. Tom has been great as that "last word" arbiter of all things Leica, Nikon, Cosina Voigtlander and film. Thanks to you, too, Tom!

Very enjoyable, thanks so much for posting.

When I see something like the Rapidwinder it makes me wonder if something could be designed for say, an M4-2 with its motor connection that uses wind up spring power to advance the film. Something like a Robot has but as an accessory for a Leica.

Back