Lomo Loves Leica: Minitar 32/2.8 Leica M Lens

Huss

Mentor
Local time
10:56 PM
Leica MDA, Lomo Minitar 32mm 2.8, Fuji C200

SprinSt110515s-3_zpsi6bcsqof.jpg

It's why I bought a Leica, so I can use a Lomo lens on it...
;)

p.s. IMO this lens should be 'quirky' as otherwise what's the point? I might as well just use my Summicron 35. The difference being it should be quirky w/o ruining the image. In the first shot on this thread the image is actually sharp, and has a glowy ethereal rendering with great tones. I've taken this before with 'regular' lenses and they have just been regular shots.

But this is different from many other Lomo products - like the LCA-120 - which in my hands just plain blows. This product I really like, plus it is so small I can slip the camera and lens into a large pocket as it looks like a body cap. The Horizon Perfekt is another Lomo product that is really really good.

image_zpsongvl4rp.jpg

Mind you, I have and using original Smena-8m as true LOMO :)

I see, this is how the light gets to the lens, not the lens getting the light.

It is very special lens and it is class of its own. Fast enough for me as well.
And good enough for film to me as well. I usually cut the corners on prints under enlarger :)

Amazing size, I was thinking what my 35 2.5 PII is small...
It should be fine for framing with 35mm framelines on my M4-2.

And how is it with BW film?

I see, this is how the light gets to the lens, not the lens getting the light.

It is very special lens and it is class of its own. Fast enough for me as well.
And good enough for film to me as well. I usually cut the corners on prints under enlarger :)

Amazing size, I was thinking what my 35 2.5 PII is small...

it is a unique piece, and, typical for Lomo, there are some good ones and some bad ones. I've heard others have had difficulties w/ the focus being off, the apertures not reading correctly etc. I tested this one by comparing the in camera meter readings with a separate light meter and they match up. And the focus is good too.

So.. I think Lomo is Russian for sample variation.
;)

Great images Huss :)

After viewing your minitar images on the M240 months agao, I ordered one of these for August delivery and ended up cancelling when it became September and,... it was not here yet.
Now I regret that!

Cheers!

just got them in
truly the lens you never imagined for your Leica M.

Lomotize your Leica M camera up to the high bar of the art experience with the lens you never dare imagined for your german Leica, a true Russian Lomo lens! This fabulous Russian export is so amazing it defies description - so good luck with this proletariat Karl Marx inspired optic. The black Lomo LC-A Minitar-1 32mm f/2.8 Art Lens rangefinder coupled M mount lens optics are made with real glass mounted in a real metal lens barrel for your very own real Leica M experience. Focusing with your full daily ration of Vodka is highly encouraged. If your pics are not sharp, have a few more Vodka shots. The more Vodka, the better your pics will look. FREE SHIPPING

also adaptable to just about any of the so called ILC cameras via a Leica M adapter, including Fuji X, Sony E, EOS M, Samsung etc

$349 black
free shipping

https://shop.cameraquest.com/index.php?p=product&id=1012

Really a nice series showing what this lens can do.. I love the shot w/ the little girl as well.. IMHO best shot of the series.

That lens is quite small.

Gary

"Get a room"

c894eacd-1fa7-4867-a48f-df0ea4ac7186_zps8ztkxsqj.jpg

That's it folks! My recommendation? Only shoot colour film, this lens pops the colour. Don't bother with digital - smeary with colour casts.

p.s. no hipsters were harmed in the making of this production.

Back