Lomo Loves Leica: Minitar 32/2.8 Leica M Lens

You see Huss, you need an M10 after all.
It would be the same thickness with the 35 cron, as the M240 and the Minitar! lol

...Pop quiz, name all the other pancake M mount lenses, available with warranty, that are available? Next after Lomo is the MS Optical series that start at about $1000 and give 'worse' optical quality....

:D

Not "worse", just different. Somehow I don't recall color smearing on digital...

They are a bit more expensive than the Lomo lens, though you do have a few more focal length options.

Great series of photographs Huss. I'm loving it.

Thanks Pioneer. Yeah I should have used "different" but that was why I put "worse" in parentheses. As it is subjective. My point was meant to be that MS Optical lenses cost a whole lot more and (some) have similar quirks, but they tend to get a pass as they are not a Lomography item!

Umbrella1s-1_zps6doczr1y.jpg

Looks like it deals quite well with digital black and white too Huss.
Much pp for shading, or is that pretty much untouched?
cheers/k.

Looks like it deals quite well with digital black and white too Huss.
Much pp for shading, or is that pretty much untouched?
cheers/k.

I applied a yellow/green filter to the B&W conversion in pp. But in all honesty I pp'd it like any other file I use, no matter what camera/lens combo I may have used.

With this lens you put the stuff you want sharp in the middle third at wide apertures, and the middle 2/3rds stopped down. No edge to edge sharpness here! And the more you open it up, the more it vignettes so you use that to your advantage.
Just like a Leica Summaron 28 f5.6! Except much smaller, 2 stops faster and $2100 cheaper!
;)

I applied a yellow/green filter to the B&W conversion in pp. But in all honesty I pp'd it like any other file I use, no matter what camera/lens combo I may have used.

With this lens you put the stuff you want sharp in the middle third at wide apertures, and the middle 2/3rds stopped down. No edge to edge sharpness here! And the more you open it up, the more it vignettes so you use that to your advantage.
Just like a Leica Summaron 28 f5.6! Except much smaller, 2 stops faster and $2100 cheaper!
;)

Nice, I like it! I've been thinking about either this one, or the perar 28 f2, tough decision...

Beautiful pictures here, well seen and well done, bravo!

Now, ...I do not need this lens, I do not need this lens, I do not need this lens, I do not need....

hmmm, I'll give a look at the (already bookmarked) Lomo site, just to give a look, I do not need... :)

robert

Definitely a very special lens. In the right hand the right tool for impressive images, as we can see here.

Thank you for the compliments people, much appreciated.

To reiterate, this lens does not stand up from a technical/sharpness point of view, but what it does is introduce a different look compared to the perfect lenses out there. And for very little money to be honest. This is by far the cheapest M lens that you can buy new.

The raison d'etre of this lens is that it makes a Leica (or any camera it is attached to) as small and discrete as possible. Not only is it RF coupled but it also has physical setting focus stops like a SnapShot Skopar that allows for super easy and quick zone focusing. You can adjust focus while it is in your pocket/under your jacket, whip it out, shoot, put it away. None the wiser..
;)

And again, size reference which makes up for it not being as 'good' as a Summicron or Zeiss Distagon..

image_zpsongvl4rp.jpg

Look what you did, Huss. Our head bartender had a used one in mint- condition, and I pushed the button... I so didn't NEED this lens. :D

Thanks for showing it on M, Huss!

I remember how I was traveling to Moscow in 2016 with one Domke bag allowed on the transcontinental flight. The bag was so full, I had space only for small dgital Lumix P&S, small charger, ten rolls of film and I was only able to fit in M4-2 with Summarit-M 35 2.5 on it.
M-E with collapsed in Industar-22 and this lens on the side seems to be good alternate. Minitar and Industar in Moscow! :D. I could even fit little SF-26 flash...

Look what you did, Huss. Our head bartender had a used one in mint- condition, and I pushed the button... I so didn't NEED this lens. :D

Sure you could do that, and pay less than the sucker that I am did..

But you really should have taken Mich's advice from several posts up, and taken a hammer to a disposable camera and glue that lens into a body cap that you drilled a hole into. Exactly the same thing. For like a buck fiddy!

Enjoy your new lens!

Back