Lomo Loves Leica: Minitar 32/2.8 Leica M Lens

M240, Lomo Minitar 32mm 2.8

"Trust"

RefugeesWelcomeS-1_zpsslpcek37.jpg

Another great pic, Huss!

How's the lens for barrel distortion? They look good as they are, but not sure of any correction you may have done.
I'm thinking this may be the better option, the look from the MS Optical is very close.

cheers/k.

It has a lot of pin cushion distortion that I use a -8 setting in LR to mostly fix.
I would not recommend it for taking pics of straight lines. Brick walls. Stuff like that.

It has a lot of pin cushion distortion that I use a -8 setting in LR to mostly fix.
I would not recommend it for taking pics of straight lines. Brick walls. Stuff like that.

Ya, that seems to be inherent with these designs, the MS offerings are pretty much the same it seems.
If the MS was substantially better corrected it may be worth the 4 times the price, but they appear to be very close.
I don't plan on becoming an professional brick wall photographer, so I'll probably be alright. ;)

thanks/k.

Just got the lens from Stephen and shot a quick test roll at home.

Wide open, guess-o-meter for exposure, close to minimum focus distance, no correction or crop.

Minitarred by Suguru Nishioka, on Flickr

M4-P, Minitar-1, Tri-X in Diafine.

Ultimate hipster machine?
33121201945_f5b9ee3be0_c.jpg

Party Mode with a mini flash. I think I got this flash with the good old Holga when toy cameras were priced like toys.
32276118654_8cfa21dd5f_c.jpg

Very nice shot Suguru!
Ultimate hipster machine? Nice try!

image_zpseerg8kxf.jpeg

And the back showing the digital image I just took on my 'lcd' to throw off peeps who don't know film cameras still exist.

image_zpsiehqfbke.jpeg

Hahaha. Huss, you win! I wish I kept my MDa. Maybe an MD-2 is in my future.

From the same roll as my last post. M4-P, Tri-X in Diafine, minimum focus distance, wide open, no crop or distortion correction.

Before painting the eyes.
32313618383_717e05124b_c.jpg

After.
33129310205_2a5bec45df_c.jpg

Hahaha. Huss, you win! I wish I kept my MDa. Maybe an MD-2 is in my future.

From the same roll as my last post. M4-P, Tri-X in Diafine, minimum focus distance, wide open, no crop or distortion correction.

Before painting the eyes.

After.

Well, you two just cost me $350!
I'd be happy with that level of distortion, not all that bad.

Well, you two just cost me $350!
I'd be happy with that level of distortion, not all that bad.

Welcome to the club. :)

I took mine out over the weekend. We'll see what I've got.

Archlich,
No click stops for aperture adjustment. It's like the old Elmar 50/3.5, but in actual use I didn't find the ergo to be that bad. On the other hand, the focusing has click stops for 1.5 and 3m marks.

Juts received 22.5mm skylight filter made by Olympus, which was meant for their old Pen EE. Thread pitch is correct, and you can keep the low profile as it doesn't have front thread.

33035455831_50b0dfb8a5_c.jpg

From the same roll as my last post. M4-P, Tri-X in Diafine, minimum focus distance, wide open, no crop or distortion correction....

Very impressive bw film photography to my eyes. Slightly unusual distortion, little bit strange rendering, vignetting is present, but not disturbing. The second name of this lens might be LomoLux ! :)

Welcome to the club. :)

I took mine out over the weekend. We'll see what I've got.

Archlich,
No click stops for aperture adjustment. It's like the old Elmar 50/3.5, but in actual use I didn't find the ergo to be that bad. On the other hand, the focusing has click stops for 1.5 and 3m marks.

Juts received 22.5mm skylight filter made by Olympus, which was meant for their old Pen EE. Thread pitch is correct, and you can keep the low profile as it doesn't have front thread.

Thanks, usually takes around 10 days from Lomo Canada, as it's shipped from NY.

Ya, I actually have a red and yellow Olympus Pen EE filter, will use them for sure but will try and find a UV for protection, looks like the lens cap's a hassle.

Looks great on the M4-P! I ended up getting a black one.

cheers/ken.

Looks great on the M4-P! I ended up getting a black one.

cheers/ken.

I now wish I got a black one as the markings are much more prominent. It's why I put a dab of red paint on the aperture selector on mine, which you can see in the pics I posted of the lens on the camera.

I now wish I got a black one as the markings are much more prominent. It's why I put a dab of red paint on the aperture selector on mine, which you can see in the pics I posted of the lens on the camera.

Ya, I just noticed that.
Makes sense, I know from my other silver lenses that can be a problem, which made me decide to order the black one.

Back