Lomo'Instant or Lomo'Instant Automat?

Eagle X

Local time
6:25 AM
I'm choosing one instant camera between Lomo'Instant (1st gen) and Lomo'Instant Automat. The difference on focal length or image quality does not bother me. What I want is something that easily produces 'lomo' look and feel. So here are my concerns:

1) Will the simple manual exposure control on Lomo'Instant (1st gen) easily ruin a shot? This might be a dumb question :p but I was on 'fine manual exposure control' cameras such as Nikon F3 and Fujifilm XT1 for 20+ years and I have zero experience with lomo or instant cameras. According to my previous experience, a shot is easily ruined without accurate and reliable metering and a proper combo of shutter and aperture settings. I should accept somewhat over or under exposure for 'lomo' look and feel, of course. But I hope the result is not totally bright or dark. Those controls on Lomo'Instant, as far as I know, look extremely simple and less accurate. Will that be a problem?

2) Will the automatic exposure on Lomo'Instant Automat make it too accurate, and therefore reduce the fun as well as the potential to create 'lomo' look and feel? To be honest the reason I don't choose Fujifilm Neo 90 is that sample photos I found online are too 'real life like' in my opinion. I'm worrying that Lomo'Instant Automat has the same problem (or 'advancement' in others opinion). Am I worrying too much?

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thank you so much.

Back