Look what came in the mail

A replacement eyecup for my 'blad NC-2 Finder. I got it from Arax in Ukraine. Was a little leery but used PayPal and didn't have any problems. It only took a week.

New goodies arrived.

Photo-Apr-16-18-41-55.jpg

Finally registration approved so just wanna brag with my new family member and my first steps to the RF world :) Minty Bessa R along with grip, Canon 50/1.8 (with suprisigly fitting vented hood from Fujifilm X10) and lovely Leitz Elmar 90/4...
Now just avaiting a red Artisan&Artist #102 neck strap to replace this russian one and matching soft touch release and it will be just perfect!

WP_20150430_08_13_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20150430_08_14_00_Pro.jpg

I just love the look and size of this thing! :D
WP_20150430_08_15_17_Pro.jpg

Wow, John---that's a beauty!

Thanks. It's not perfect but other than the leatherette by the frame lever it's in amazing shape. I have a Nikkor HC 50/2 in LTM and a Jupiter 8 which I can use on it once the ltm-m adapter comes in. I also recently purchased an Elmar 50/2.8 that I'm anxiously awaiting delivery.

I haven't handled a Leica M in a long time and that wasn't an M3. Most of my RF experience is with Barnack clones and Canon P's so I was amazed by the brightness of the viewfinder when I opened the package.

I think I'll run a few rolls of film through and then possibly send it out for a CLA just to be on the safe side since the L seal is broken.

Not really in mail.. but someone in our street putted this Ikea vitrine next to the dustbin :D it would be crime to leave it there. Just to make clear: The cameras were not part of that lucky found :D

WP_20150512_18_51_46_Pro.jpg

A Beautiful Start!

A Beautiful Start!

New goodies arrived.

Photo-Apr-16-18-41-55.jpg
What a wonderful start with your New Leica M6, the best film.
Wish you the best of luck, a perfect match for your viewpoint!
Love your portfolios.
I used to live in Newport Beach,swam Corona Del Mar, Surfed on small board at Laguna, forbidden to do "The Wedge"..:D
The Leica will be so direct and fast, compared to your shoebox..
The Medium Format will blow away 35mm in tonal range but not in immediacy.
Best of Luck, may your exposures be true, your light stunning.

Well screw you, Grayscale.. :D And I've been so happy with my new teenie weenie lensie :D :bang: So seriously congrats on that.. hope I will get such package as well some day :)

So recently I was looking for a Contax T2, and Sidd (zeshootist) from USA contacted me that he had one to sell, so I bought it and he sent along some rolls of film too! :D Thank you Sidd!

I have just....scanned through the user manual very briefly (HAHA) but I'm going out to shoot with it today!

Which brings me to the point, would the film be ok to use? This was sent to me in the UK, so I'm not sure if postmen would scan my package through X-rays and all that. It's Kodak 400. Someone told me it was fine.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAMERA.

slgv9c.jpg

So recently I was looking for a Contax T2, and Sidd (zeshootist) from USA contacted me that he had one to sell, so I bought it and he sent along some rolls of film too! :D Thank you Sidd!

I have just....scanned through the user manual very briefly (HAHA) but I'm going out to shoot with it today!

Which brings me to the point, would the film be ok to use? This was sent to me in the UK, so I'm not sure if postmen would scan my package through X-rays and all that. It's Kodak 400. Someone told me it was fine.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAMERA.

slgv9c.jpg

it should be fine. shoot a roll and see.

A dainty Zenit Helios 85mm 1.5 in Nikon F mount to be used on my Nikons as well as my M.

I was thinking about getting a Petzval, but much prefer the results that I have seen from this Zenit lens.

image_zpsfcwhyjat.jpg

image_zpsz2256klw.jpg

Back