Looking for neutral Xpan eyepiece

LeReilly

Local time
10:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I managed to get my hands on a near mint Xpan, except that the previous owner only kept the +0.5D eyepiece.

I'm looking for a neutral one and this seems very difficult.

Would you know where I can find one?

Thanks!

Yes! I had an XPan missing the little plastic eyepiece altogether and managed to get one here...

http://www.hasselblad-reparaties.nl/

Cost wasn’t cheap ($100, I think), but it was shipped fast and was exactly what I needed. Highly recommended and fast communication as well. I should also mention that I purchased this just a few months back, so he should have more.

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. I figured he had more as he was very casual about offering up the replacement I needed. Wish I could offer better advice and best of luck with the search.

Out of curiosity, as I never need correction lens for my Xpan, I've tried what kind of lens in the eye piece.

I think that the "neutral" is just a flat glass mounted.
Verification done, it is "0d" as nothing changes when I took it out, looking in the VF.

My suggestion is ( if the right correction lens is not available ) to reuse the eye piece metallic/plastic "frame" with a flat glass (or plastic why not) cut in same size.

Yeah, that could be a very last resort.
(I heard that neutral was -1, I need to check)

But I'm afraid to break the piece I have, that has a very simple mechanic to "stick" to the body. So I'll try to find a new one if possible.

Back