Lordomat Lens - Can Adapt?

Lemures-Ex

Jared S
Local time
10:47 PM
I found a Lordomat Schacht-Travenar 135mm f/1.4 at work. It looks like a nice piece of glass but the mounting system seems to be proprietary to Lordox cameras.

Does anyone know if this lens can be adapted to fit LTM, or any other mount for that matter? It has female end on the lens instead of the camera, I am assuming this means that the camera has a protruding threaded mount...

Does anyone even know anything about this lens/company?

Jared

Lemures-Ex said:
I found a Lordomat Schacht-Travenar 135mm f/1.4 at work. It looks like a nice piece of glass but the mounting system seems to be proprietary to Lordox cameras.

Does anyone know if this lens can be adapted to fit LTM, or any other mount for that matter? It has female end on the lens instead of the camera, I am assuming this means that the camera has a protruding threaded mount...

Does anyone even know anything about this lens/company?

Jared

Do you still have that lens? It is definitely proprietary, and of such limited production that no one made an adapter for it. It has no focus mount -- it's all in the camera.

I recently acquired a Lordomat, and could use it. What might you want for it?

Mel -- [email protected]

I have owned several versions of the Leidolf Lordomat. The focussing mount is always on the lens, the bump above the breechlock lens mount is the housing for the r/f coupling.
The Schacht lenses made in Ulm, Travenars and Travenon , were available in
L39 mount and indeed in the UK in the 70's were sold through Leitz themselves. somewhere I have a test of them in one of the British camera mags of the time. The 135 's lens head could be unscrewed so that it could be mounted on a Visoflex in the same way as the Hektor.
The Lordomat lenses probably could not be adapted for anything like a reasonable cost.
Lordomats were good though not spectacularly well made cameras, finding a reliable one now might be difficult.

Attachments

• Lordomat.jpg
    Lordomat.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 1
I have a Schacht-Lordonar 135mm f4 lens for my Lordomat.

Some info from the tape which held the box together:

'Bad Nauheim Germany'
'.....es Division of Leidolf Camera' Assume Lens'es'.
'Leidolf Camera Works Wetzlar'
A logo 2 concentric circles side by side with large D in between O's thus: ODO and the word WEDENA printed through the lot.
No dates anywhere.

Did someone say Lordomat?

I've recently been playing with the 90/5.5 Telordon. It's been - ah - interesting using a lens with a four-stop range.

I have a C35 sitting in a cupboard, too - must clean it up and give it some exercise.

Didn't know I had this. I've currently got workmen in the house and I'm having to pack stuff away for safety. It's a Lordomat C35. It's not really my thing so it will probably get sold. It's even got it's case and lens hood. Anyone got some results they can show out of curiosity?

7589462154_2e62ba21a5_z.jpg

Rather long flange register and a crude coupling mechanism - it should not be that hard to adapt if you can ignore the coupling. But the lenses aren't much to write home about - if there is any fun in using a Lordomat, it is in its full weirdness and beauty. There are many optically equivalent German low budget lenses with readily adaptable mounts (e.g. M42, Edixa, Exakta and Paxette) around - each of them much cheaper than having a adapter made.

Have a full suite of lenses for the Lordomat. I am impressed with the 50mm f2.8 Lordonar (sharp with good contrast), and the 50mm f.9 Lordon gives good results as well. The Schacht-made 35mm f3.6 Travetar has given me good results. Do not have test results for the 90mm f4 Travenar yet, but I was not impressed with the results I got with the 15mm f4 Schacht Travenar. Not a sharp lens, but that maybe just that particular sample. Will know more next week. WES

Back