LUMIX LX100 (Is it a superb camera?)

LX100 still delivers :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• norway2016-1.jpg
    norway2016-1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0
For a while a friend wanted to get a camera and learn some photography. Last week we had a coffee in the afternoon and sorted what could suit him and his 500€ budget.
2AM and I receive his message asking about the LX100, which I forgot because it was out of budget. Nope, 501€ on Amazon.

We already did some testing. Having excellent impressions about it. Fast 24-70 in a small package and large sensor with great video? Wow. Metal build quality and direct controls over shutter and aperture.
It was expensive at time of release but for 500€ it is a fantastic option, what we discussed prior to this was hard to find a body+good zoom for that price. A couple of days later the price rose back to 600€.

Thanks neighbor.

I'm downsizing and the sensor size, focal length & aperture range caught my eye.

Pondering.

Wayne

To me it seems a greatly balanced setup. I do want to get some files when I do an outing with the friend, having only a very good first impression.
Something like this on APS or even m43 itself isn't there -- bulky lenses! 24-75 2.8...

Plus if going for a (heavy) discount, much better. Now one can get it for 500-600€ in Spain.

I have an EPL2 with a sigma 19 and it is much bulkier... Tight fit as a large coat camera. An LX100 would have been fantastic for my NY trip. Besides, I shoot film as "main" larger cameras.

Yes I'd love one but the 600 do get me far in other ways... Perhaps in the next cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have got a Leica D-LUX (109) and I really think that it is the best compromise of size, weight, features, performance, handling, quality, usability (perhaps not price) that I have seen so far.
Well, the term "compromise" sounds too negative, I guess. I should write "mixture".

I have got a Leica D-LUX (109) and I really think that it is the best compromise of size, weight, features, performance, handling, quality, usability (perhaps not price) that I have seen so far.
Well, the term "compromise" sounds too negative, I guess. I should write "mixture".

I'll go one further. As for the "package deal", size, weight, features, performance, handling, quality, usability and focal range.......the best out there on the market.

Back