LUMIX LX100 (Is it a superb camera?)

From the photos I see and the comments I read this could be an excellent companion to my film cameras for when I need the convenience of digital...
robert

From the photos I see and the comments I read this could be an excellent companion to my film cameras for when I need the convenience of digital...
robert

Indeed Robert.

When out with film cameras (specially MF), these become "large" ones and it is nice to balance the second shooter (digital) with something small.
iPhone fills the snapshooter niche but for something serious a m43 camera or other mirrorless with compact lens, seem well balanced. Then as a coat pocket camera to carry around.
Handling my friend's one sometimes does feel even too small, strange for someone like me used to small device haptics.

Otherwise growing a couple arms more would be useful :D

you are correct Raid, but I wrote that before playing with the M10! And you know, Simo desires a Leica as well...
robert
PS: when you share a passion with your wife is always good, makes life easier but sometimes the cost become higher...

I know, Robert! However, Rasha does not have any wish to do photography. She used to do water color art in the past.

I have too many cameras, so I will keep on using whatever I have.

Although I will never buy a digital-M, I have been eyeing the LX although I like the cachet of the red dot. The D-Lux 7 is tempting me as a nice walk around/travel camera.

51376209391_721028cb38_z.jpg

Although I will never buy a digital-M, I have been eyeing the LX although I like the cachet of the red dot. The D-Lux 7 is tempting me as a nice walk around/travel camera.

FYI. Pana LX100 and LX100 II are known dust suckers by now. I have read users reports to have dust on sensor's of those within two weeks of purchase. I doubt Leica labeled ones are any better.

FYI. Pana LX100 and LX100 II are known dust suckers by now. I have read users reports to have dust on sensor's of those within two weeks of purchase. I doubt Leica labeled ones are any better.

Interesting Kostya, thank you for that. I don’t know much about P&S digital, how are dusty sensors handled in this case?

Owned both models and had no dust problems. You seem to be negative about everything.

Yep. I don’t know about two weeks, but pretty fast. I noticed after a few months of very light use.

Back on subject; I've the LX100 and I've often thought how nice a Leica version based on it would be but without most of the buttons and menu. In other words, more like the M9 etc.

Regards, David

With respect, I also owned a version I and Version II. Both were rendered useless paper weights due to dust

I'm surprised that the LX100 has a dust problem, since I assume it has a fixed non-interchangeable lens. Usually if dust gets in, it happens while the lens is off to change to another lens. But some lenses "breathe" while zooming; is that how the dust is getting in?

It does seem like a nice camera.

Back