M2 Rapidwinder Identification

dufffader

Leicanaut/Nikonaut...
Local time
8:46 AM
Hi Tom,

I've been using the M2 ixmoo RW for several years now and it is still my favorite camera setup. Recently I've added a black repaint M2 to my collection, but I'm having problems finding a matching black RW IXMOO.

I'm wondering if you have ever sold either black paint or black chrome M2 IXMOO RW and how many are there out in the wild so that I get an idea how difficult they are to hunt down.

Thanks!

So I'm a tad confused. The Rapidwinder IXMOO fits the standard Leica M2 (the one with the separate take-up spool)? Or is the Rapidwinder IXMOO the one that fits the Leica M2-S and M2-R, the ones with the Leica M4 style take up tulip?

Best,
-Tim

All Rapidwinder M2 fits standard Leica M2 with the separate takeup spool through a little piece of metal that engages the take-up spool.
The difference is that the IXMOO version enables the Rapidwinder to work with IXMOO film casettes - specifically to open the canister when the bottom plate is installed and locked.

If memory serves. The M2 IXMOO Rapidwinder was produced in very limited numbers (less than 100). Not sure how many, if any, were black.

Back