Mail-order film processing

Pfreddee

Well-known
Local time
3:28 AM
My usual lab is becoming really inconvenient and dangerous to get to (moronic pedestrians jaywalking everywhere.) Can you all recommend mail-order film processing outfits, please?

Thanks in advance.

Pfreddee(Stephen)

Damn, it sure sucks you have to share the road with people who aren't driving.

You don't say what country you need recommendations in, but I'm guessing from your entitled attitude that you're living in the US. If that's true, I recommend Indie Film Lab. That's where I get my film developed and scanned. I'm waiting on three rolls now as a matter of fact. They do solid work and the Noritsu TIFF scans are the cheapest I've found from any lab in the US. If you want the full frame out to the rebate, you have to specify that. Otherwise there's a bit of a crop.

I have all my C-41 (color negative) processing done at Blue Moon in Portland, Oregon. I’ve tried numerous US west coast labs and Blue Moon consistently produces the best color - they actually look at what they’re producing. You can get optical prints and scans. They handle Minox 8x11, 110-format, 126 format, 35mm, 120, 4x5, 8x10, and probably other formats. They are dedicated to film and sell and repair film cameras.

I am not affiliated with them in any way - I’m just a customer.

I am lucky to have a superb lab here in Austin...Holland Photo.com Full service, 35mm to 8x10, scanning, archiving etc.

What happened to the film industry end stocks, leftover film from shooting movies? It was you could shoot their spool of film, send it back to them and get back slides and prints. The film was Kodak movie film and a little goosed in the flesh tones but pretty good IIRC.

What happened to the film industry end stocks, leftover film from shooting movies? It was you could shoot their spool of film, send it back to them and get back slides and prints. The film was Kodak movie film and a little goosed in the flesh tones but pretty good IIRC.

Atlanta Film Co is offering something a little similar. I haven’t gotten any film developed but I bought a couple rolls to try.

I have used Dwaynes outta Kansas City a few times, and have been pleased with the quality of the film development and scans

Atlanta Film Co is offering something a little similar. I haven’t gotten any film developed but I bought a couple rolls to try.

I did not see if they returned slides, negatives and prints. I do not think so. It seems just negatives. But, I just do not want to get involved in the chemistry of film again.

• Our Mail Order Service is for customers looking to get scans from the film they send in. We do not offer develop only or print services via mail order.
The above is from Indie Film's web site, its why I don't use them.

for E6 SLIDE Processing in UK try John Salim Photography of Southend-on-Sea ESSEX £5 a roll in sleeves and excellent quality.
Thanks for the heads-up, mate. I've got a bunch of rolls of 120 slide film in the fridge and didn't know who to turn to now Peak Imaging has gone under.

Back