Malaysia on film

Any suggestions for film processing labs in Penang or KL? I will visit there in about a month. Your inputs are appreciated.

James

Any suggestions for film processing labs in Penang or KL? I will visit there in about a month. Your inputs are appreciated.

James

Can't help you much as I've always got my film developed back home in Aus.

Bang Bang Geng in KL seems to have a good reputation (Publika Shopping Gallery), and I think Film Never Die (Australian outfit) has opened a store in Johor. I don't know anywhere in Penang.

James

Why not develop them when you return? They take just as much space on the way back as they did on the way out.

52722749514_a7330e64f2_k.jpg

Took this shot last week when I went in to JB for breakfast. Surprised to find such a back alley in modern Johor Bahru.
Leica M6/ltm 35mm Summaron. Kodak Double-X DIY developed in D96.

I will be going to Malaysia with wife and kids in August to visit the in-laws and extended family. Haven’t been back in 5 years.
Thinking to take the x-pro2 and Yashica TLR.

I will be going to Malaysia with wife and kids in August to visit the in-laws and extended family. Haven’t been back in 5 years.
Thinking to take the x-pro2 and Yashica TLR.
Whereabouts are you heading?
If the situation is comparable to Vietnam, bring film. In Saigon, it is scarce and expensive. Cheers, OtL
There’s a few places in KL, but I’ve struggled to find it anywhere else.

Whereabouts are you heading?

There’s a few places in KL, but I’ve struggled to find it anywhere else.

The in-laws are on the coast in PD (Port Dickson). Family is spread out in NS (Negeri Sembilan), KL (Kuala Lumpur) and Taiping, Perak. Our kids have changed a lot in past five years so the trip will be mostly ferrying kids and wife around to all the aunties and cousins for ooo-ahhh so cute-lah.
Looking forward to all the good home cooking, restaurants and fruits.
Changed my mind about the XPRO-2 because I am awaiting delivery of a Nikon Df. Already have plenty of F-mount lenses, but only one X-mount.
Now thinking to bring Zeiss 50/1.4 Planar and Nikon 105/2.5 for MF street fun and Nikon 35/2 AF-D with SB-600 for the ubiquitous family group shots. Still hoping to bring the TLR but probably I'll take the FM2 and some rolls of B&W for practicality.

What is your connection with Malaysia?

Back