Mapping the Freestyle Discount Films

Hilariously (and awesomely), my local CVS has Tri-X on the shelf. I think it's about $5.50 a roll or something though.

They have it on the shelf in my local CVS, too, though only 24 exposure. At at $5.50 a roll, it's still a better deal than the local camera stores. Though online prices are better, sometimes you just gotta have a roll of Tri-X now. I love that I can get it at CVS. :)

According to Ilford's wedsite, Kentmere was bought by the company holding Ilford in 2007. The kentmere products are NOT rebadged Ilford, but separate products. I have used some Kentmere 400 and was happy with the results, considering it was my second and third rolls developed ...

Last edited:
Just ordered 100' of Legacy Pro 100 for $24.00. so about $1.15 per 24x roll I guess...(that length just works better for me)
Short dated stock. :D
And 4 re-loadable cassettes

Just tried to order Legacy Pro and...it's gone. :( I saw that there was a short dated special a week ago and should have jumped on it...damn!

Just tried to order Legacy Pro and...it's gone. :( I saw that there was a short dated special a week ago and should have jumped on it...damn!

I saw that too, I had the cart with a couple bricks. I was waiting for the Rollei E-6 200 to come stock before I ordered.

Oh well, i guess I learned my lesson. Save on shipping lose out on all my favorite Freestyle house films...

Probably the Maco --> Rollei mapping should be in here somewhere also.

I have Adox CHS in my Freestyle cart right now, I'm eager to see it.
Good to know that it's the same thing as Efke KB.

A niggling point, according to Adox, they re-brand those as Efke, but they are the maker of the film.

Great thread.

OZ isn't the only place that Tri-X is high. I stopped at a local Wolf Camera Friday to get a roll of Tri-X 36 exp to run through a new-to-me Contax 137 MD and a Yashica 50 1.4 M lens and they wanted $7.27 plus tax!

You US guys have such cheap film still, in Europe a roll of Tri-x is about 10e in a shop, about 4,5-8e from a webshop. I purchased a roll of Provia 400X 135-36 in Stockholm this winter and had to pay 137SEK for it (thats about 20$). Dont complain, you get of cheap still regarding many parts of the world.

According to Freestyle's catalogue and website, Arista Premium 100 is no longer being carried. I don't know whether this is permanent, but it's a bummer. I love the stuff.

According to Freestyle's catalogue and website, Arista Premium 100 is no longer being carried. I don't know whether this is permanent, but it's a bummer. I love the stuff.

They still have the 24 exposure rolls in stock.

Bummer indeed. That was my favorite film but as long as they keep making Plus-X I'll keep using it.

Just inventoried my freezer. 600 ft of LP100, 200 ft of 2TMY, 100 ft of LP400. Tempted to order more 2TMY...

Re-stocked for the next 2 months.... Fuji Neopan 400 from UniquePhoto...
I like it at ISO 640 souped with the 800 times in Rodinal 1:25...

Still $1.99 per 36x, and in stock..

Back