"March is Nikon Rangefinder Month" 2023 Edition

farlymac

PF McFarland
Local time
8:51 AM
Let's make it more interesting this year. I have 5 Nikon film canisters that TomA gave me (well, six actually, but I'm keeping one) to give as prizes for whomever gets the most likes on their photos. I received these canisters because I had given Tom a part to get his motorized Nikon F that he had used as a journalist in Europe back to running again. I didn't ask for anything in return, but Tom felt that he had to send me them anyway. I don't use them though, and as I'm getting along in years, I feel like those of you who are aficionados of the brand should have a piece of gear that the late great TomA owned as a remembrance of all he did for this Forum.

So, the Rules for the competition will be as such:
1) All photos submitted will have been taken only in the month of March, 2023.
2) You may submit more than one photo, but if you do you need to post them separately, so the likes only count for one image at a time.
3) All photos submitted have to have been taken using either a Nikon Rangefinder (1, M, S, S2, SP, S3, S4) or Voigtlander Bessa R2S. Any S mount lens will be accepted.
4) Please state what camera, lens, and film you were using.
5) All photo submissions are accepted from March 1, 2023, to April 30th, 2023. That should be enough time for those who have to send off their film for developing.
6) One point per Like will be counted. If you submit more than one photo only your highest-ranking image will be eligible for one of the top five.
7) Voting is open to all Members of RFF. Since I am running the contest, I will not be voting or submitting any images. In case of ties the top five Like counts will prevail so there will still be five different winners.

I hope that many of you will participate this year. I think the new Forum software will facilitate making it easier to submit images. Winners will be announced on May 1st, 2023, and I will contact you for your shipping information.

PF

Now get out there and show us what you can do!

Thanks for the reminder! I've got some film loaded in my S2 that's itching for some exercise.

I must've accidently missed last year's Nikon RF month, after my mother's passing in January and whatever else I had going on. It was a busy year.

Nikon S3 50mm f1.4 "5005" Kodak Panatomic X

Attachments

• Bw212 (2).jpg
    Bw212 (2).jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 16
  • img309 (2).jpg
    img309 (2).jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 13
  • img930.jpg
    img930.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 15
  • img972 (2).jpg
    img972 (2).jpg
    592 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: JMF
Sorry I have not been active for a while here. I will have to bow out again for this year's Nikon RF month but hopefully I will get back into shooting & developing soon. Glad to see there are still active users for these great cameras.

A Boston - MBTA Green Line train heading outbound on Commonwealth Ave toward Boston College. Taken with a Nikon SP 2005 and Nikkor W 2.5cm 4.0 lens. Finally shot and processed within the month of March. 68700004-2.jpg

Back