meridian 45a round lens boards

rgraphex

Established
Local time
8:30 AM
I'm sure SKgrimes can make a very nice board for this camera due to budget I'm looking for other sources.
Any one know someone who has made round boards for the Meridian model 45A ?

I made an attempt to make one by hand. And it looks like it was made by hand.....

I thought I heard that Grimes had closed due to someone's passing, but it still exists... thank goodness.

Link here and scroll towards bottom... "to avoid confusion"

http://www.skgrimes.com/contact-us

Last edited:
I thought I keep trying after 2 labor intensive failures. I think I'm getting somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_7956.jpg
    IMG_7956.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7954.jpg
    IMG_7954.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2
Looks pretty good.

Be patient. This kind of work takes time.

If you start to feel tight / tired, put it down and take a break. Get up, walk around...

I thought I keep trying after 2 labor intensive failures. I think I'm getting somewhere.

I do a fair amount of metal work myself, regarding camera projects. Those do not look easy to make, they look great to me.

My work is not always perfect, but I get it finished and it is OK and usuable.
Machine work is expensive. Since you can learn to make these yourself, keep going with it!

Frank is right about not overdoing it, and taking frequent breaks.

I realize this is a very old post, but if you still frequent this forum, is there any chance you have the dimensions of the Meridian 45A round lens board?

Back