Money Saving Thumbs Up Alternatives

I have a couple made by Fotodiox. I had to slightly Dremel the edges of one to get it to fit into a tight shoe, but otherwise, it is fine. Very comfortable for my thumb.

I have a thumbie from England. Terrific solution. Good grip and doesn’t take up my M240 flash sync so I can use my live view viewfinder. And it weighs almost nothing which means something on a heavy camera with some heavy lenses.

I have an M240 which came with a Thumbs Up and a grip. Additionally I put Thumbies on an M8.2 and an M240. The Thumbies do not block the hot shoe. I can use and EVF on the M240 with the Thumbie but have to take the Thumbs Up off the other M240 to use the EVF. So, I say go for the Thumbie. And it is cheaper.

Even the match technical though good quality one needs to be wary about the pads wearing out. Once they do where the thumbs up contacts the body it will cause damage. It happened to me after leaving it unknowingly for a year or so.

This is my humble alternative, made of olive wood (black dyed) and placed with double-sided tape. The previous version was even cheaper: a piece of sand paper, whatever grit size you prefer. Both versions works great for me!

IMG_6626.JPG

Seriously, if anybody wants a discount on a Thumbie let me know, I doubt it can be done on-forum because I'd be advertising, but if you can find my email somewhere or, Leica Forum '250swb', and send a pm that would be great. Otherwise 'that' auction site full price.

I have a "fake" thumbs-up on my M10-P (I think it's aluminum). It's worked perfectly for four years and it was 40 bucks on eBay.

Another Thumbs Up for the Thumbie. I had the Match Technical in my M240 and replaced it with the Thumbie. Even fit with the Luigi case too.

52858709922_9e4baa7b8b_b.jpg

img

Reactions: SWB
Back