Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Contax T2 + Fuji Natura

Votes: 14 15.2%

• Total voters

raid

Dad Photographer
Local time
3:31 AM
This is another poll about which camera and lenses to take along on a trip. This trip will be five days in Lisbon, Portugal.

I want to have fun walking the streets without excessive heavy camera gear while still enjoying photography with high quality lens(es).

My 35mm Summicron comes with goggles, so the M3 is a must with that lens. The Natura is a small P&S camera with a very sharp 24mm/1.9 lens. The Konica III and IIIM cameras are heavy but have a very sharp lens; 48mm/2 or 50mm/1.8. No room for lens chaning.

Last edited:
I voted M6 & only the Canon lens. It's a great one and having only it along will simplify your trip the most. Since it sounds like mostly outdoor shooting, I doubt you'll miss the 28.

Have fun!

William

Leica III, Canon IIIa (and similar bottom loaders), Contax II/III,IIa/IIIa, Bessa R or R2. If you need medium format the only choice is a Rolleiflex or similar TLR (most other 120 cameras too heavy and bulky). The Olympus OM-1 would be a strong contender for me -- I'm taking one of these to Asia tomorrow with my Contax II.

Hi Wiliam: I will give this some thought. By the way, I could throw in the tiny Canon 28mm/3.5 in place of the Rokkor.

Hi David,
Most of your choices are not among those that I have access to. Have fun on your trip.

True, that 28 is unbelievably tiny & a great lens as well. Ok then, M6 (so you have a meter without carrying a separate one) & two great lenses ;)

William

Raid,

I went for the M6 and 35/1.8. The extra weight and bulk of the goggled 'cron is against the principles of light gear. I'd take a 50 f2 for my tastes but if you're happy with just a 35, well...

Mark,

I may be tempted with a "threesome":

two tiny lenses plus a faster 50mm lens.

Canon 28mm/3.5
Canon 35mm/2.8
Summicron collapsible maybe.

Sam,

The Natura is very small and has a very wide lens, but you are right that the T2 may do it.

William,

The "pair" looks good to me.

Would that be "light"?

take two bodies one with fast film for evenings and one for daytime if you go to a fado place it can be very dark they dim the light when they perform.It is a very beautiful city.

I voted for "M6 + Canon 35/1.8 + Rokkor 28/2.8", but I would personally switch out one of those two lenses for the Summicron 50. Probably the 35. So, my vote is actually "M6 + Summicron 50/2 + Rokkor 28/2.8".

Have fun!

I'd say take your m3 and 2 lenses AND the T2 and Natura--what they are about the size of a couple of packs of cigarettes so they don't take up much space and you took some pretty good photos with the T2 in Amsterdam. If that is too much, just the T2 and Natura.

BJ Bignell said:
I voted for "M6 + Canon 35/1.8 + Rokkor 28/2.8", but I would personally switch out one of those two lenses for the Summicron 50. Probably the 35. So, my vote is actually "M6 + Summicron 50/2 + Rokkor 28/2.8".

Have fun!

BJ: If I switched the Rokkor with a tiny Canon 28mm lens, the package would be smaller.

steamer said:
I'd say take your m3 and 2 lenses AND the T2 and Natura--what they are about the size of a couple of packs of cigarettes so they don't take up much space and you took some pretty good photos with the T2 in Amsterdam. If that is too much, just the T2 and Natura.

The Natura has a 24mm lens,so the 28mm would not be needed anymore. The T2 has a 38mm lens, so a 35mm would not be needed.

Nothing is more important than speed, ease of use and reliability:

"M6 + Canon 35mm/1.8" :)

Enjoy your trip, Raid.

The pleasure of travel IS NOT "getting the shot"...

The pleasure of travel IS NOT "getting the shot"...

Only five days? Part business and part pleasure?
Go and enjoy all the sites and experiences.
And definitely check out some Fado music.

Oh yeah, and bring the T2...

Chris

I voted for the M6 + Canon 35/1.8 but think you should take the Natura as well, so you can have two different fields of view and two different films (eg. for indoors/outdoors) and also so you have a backup camera.

...Mike

I agree with Roland's stated objective but would end up with a slightly different kit. Personally, because I like 50s best, I would go with the M6 + 50 and throw in that tiny Canon 28/3.5 for whenever you need the wider angle shots. Have a great trip and I look forward to seeing some shots from it.

-Randy

Back