Need Epson R-D1 and R-D1s serial numbers

I got re-introduced to this thread in a search to find if there is a site that could date my cameras. R-D1(my third) 002245. R-D1x 200995. If you're still keeping tally.

R-D1 : 000053
R-D1s: 103073
R-D1x: 200790

I've mothballed the R-D1 and use the s and x often. All three need their rangefinders adjusted and I am looking for a reliable provider to have this done. Any suggestions?

Cheers, OtL

Don't know how handy you are but I've adjusted the rangefinder myself! The R-D1 pages are hosted by Cameraquest and have instructions.

R-D1 : 000053
R-D1s: 103073
R-D1x: 200790

I've mothballed the R-D1 and use the s and x often. All three need their rangefinders adjusted and I am looking for a reliable provider to have this done. Any suggestions?

Cheers, OtL

I've tried adjusting mine myself (some of the photos of the process on the R-D1 pages are mine) but it wouldn't stay adjusted… I suspect the screws had sealants that I wasn’t equipped to remove.

So I gave up on the DIY approach (since my camera also had had a shutter failure anyway) and sent my R-D1 to Steve's Camera Service Center of Culver City, CA. In addition to fixing the shutter, they set up the rangefinder for me and it's been perfect ever since… and that was in 2008. More recently they did an equally good job on my Bessa R3M, which has the same type of range/viewfinder module. Highly recommended if you're in the US.

https://www.stevecamera.com/ replied: they can align the Epson's rangefinder for $245. Cheers, OtL

If its not totally wrecked, it can easily be done by yourself. I did it once to improve vertical alignment. I found a howto somewhere linked at RFF and it was surprisingly easy.
If I remember correctly, it was mainly removing the cap of the flash hotshoe and use a very small screwdriver and afterwards apply a little bit of loctite.

Back