New Leica M digital Monochrome camera announced

The average income earner in each of our countries can afford one if they really want it... it would just take some sacrifices. There are many countries where the average income can never ever dream of owning a $10,000 camera. We are still lucky even if we cannot continue to buy luxury cameras.

Very glad to finally hear something like this. The glass is always half full and you really got to know when to be satisfied.

When was the last time you saw any digital M in our classifieds with a high shutter count ... the majority of them seem to have 10,000 or less ... people don't shoot them like Nikons or Canons by rule. They buy the damned things, molly coddle them until they get bored with them and then move them on for the next incarnation of their photographic fantasies!

When did shutter count become a measure of photographic excellence? If that was the case, the old guy with trembling hands that takes 8 frames per second at 1/500 must be the best in the world.

Imagine this was the first Leica. Great! Such exquisite quality. And then a few years down the line someone comes along and invents the M3. A monochrom Leica that can do colour as well!

I don't understand why or how the MM has better resolution or sharpness. I could understand it if each bayer pattern site was treated as an individual pixel (it is the same sensor, isn't it). But since the MM is still an 18MP camera, how can it have higher resolution? I think I remember that they took off the filter from the front of the sensor. Is that all there is to it? Seems like that would be a slight improvement at best. Maybe no better than an M8?

Back