New Member - Hello!

jwolf

Local time
8:50 AM
Introducing myself. I am a retired photojournalist in NC. I work in commercial photography now. As I have gotten older I have moved back into the cameras that predated my career. I was an F3 baby as a student. I have acquired a Nikon F2 and Canon F1 to experience that world. I missed out not started my career with the F2! Anyway, my very first camera was a Zeiss Contessa that my dad brought back from Vietnam. I did not really want to go back to that. Having luckily picked up a 7s mk2, 50 1.4 and 100 f2 for a few dollars, it was destiny that I would be here saying hello!http://jerrywolford.com/rangefinder_forum_images/7sz.jpg

Welcome to the RFF.

You can't go wrong with a Canon 7s and those fine lenses...add the superb Canon 35mm f2 lens to your kit and you got most photographic situations covered in a vintage fashion.

Welcome, Jerry, and just be ready for one of the side effects of joining: the shrinking of storage space at home and the increase in the number of cameras and lenses in your inventory.

But then, nobody complains about it, right?

Take care!

Introducing myself. I am a retired photojournalist in NC. I work in commercial photography now. As I have gotten older I have moved back into the cameras that predated my career. I was an F3 baby as a student. I have acquired a Nikon F2 and Canon F1 to experience that world. I missed out not started my career with the F2! Anyway, my very first camera was a Zeiss Contessa that my dad brought back from Vietnam. I did not really want to go back to that. Having luckily picked up a 7s mk2, 50 1.4 and 100 f2 for a few dollars, it was destiny that I would be here saying hello!http://jerrywolford.com/rangefinder_forum_images/7sz.jpg

My first camera was an Agfa Rapid, followed by a Zeiss Contina that my Dad used to use with transparency film only.

Welcome to the RFF!

“...for a few dollars”, he says ��. THAT is the uncommon 7sZ .. which is what I suppose you mean by Mk2. 7s with improved viewfinder, the swan-song of Canon rangefinders. Not a common find, no sir. We all could be so lucky. .

Last edited:
Welcome Jerry. Nice catch with that 7sz. If you prefer a wider lens, the 25mm 3.5 with an auxiliiary viewfinder is a pretty good performer too.

Lot's of choices for sure. I just saw that they made a 35mm 1.5 too. Not in that market, but I like the 35mm lens a lot, and it uses the full finder. I think it is good lens to start with if new to a rangefinder like me. Thanks!

Back