New Pixii 26MP

I founded a business once. A few years afterwards, I was talking to the CEO of a company I’d formerly worked for that pivoted after I left, to compete with my startup, and he said my business was inefficient because I was innovating. He said he got a lot of satisfaction out of watching me spend huge amounts of time and money figuring things out, so he could be a “fast follower” and copy the best of what I learned without all the expense. He wasn’t wrong.

Well, you loved what you were making and he only loved the money. Two different goals. This is why I like Pixii. They are clearly not out to make tons of money or they would not have chosen this design. I always value innovators over followers.

To each their own. I’ve got a few thousand dollars to spare as a result of success with that company, and I’m spending it on Pixii. I want them to be able to continue creating instead of going back to other jobs where they might just spend their time repeating something that’s already been done.

Really nicely put. I suspect anybody who has ever built something or done something that has no historical context, will appreciate the Pixii more than those who simply want a well-polished finished product (to which there were decades of prior testers to arrive at that point).

Really nicely put. I suspect anybody who has ever built something or done something that has no historical context, will appreciate the Pixii more than those who simply want a well-polished finished product (to which there were decades of prior testers to arrive at that point).

All well and good but I am not supporting a charity for fledgling companies. If it is a Go Fund Me then bill it as such. Actually Pixii is well funded. Read their history and see their backers. I expect the product to work and that is not asking a lot, is it? I'll have to get an on-line meet with Barth to see if he can jump start my sputtering Pixii.

All well and good but I am not supporting a charity for fledgling companies. If it is a Go Fund Me then bill it as such. Actually Pixii is well funded. Read their history and see their backers. I expect the product to work and that is not asking a lot, is it? I'll have to get an on-line meet with Barth to see if he can jump start my sputtering Pixii.

I am sure they will either fix it or replace it or if you complain enough, give you your money back. Seems to me like it should be an easy fix when you decide you are ready to deal with it. Why not send a quick email and make a meeting? Seems easy to me.

I am officially no longer interested. I bought a used M240 (M2Fatty) finally.

@jsrockit: Enjoy your new M240! :)

Getting the M10-M has kinda taken me out of the market for most things ... it's an extremely satisfying camera to use! ... other than a complementary M10-R for color work. But I need to sell other things to be able to afford that without discomfort, and I have a few other priorities that I need to address first.

@boojum: It seems to me that you've been saying that this on-line re-gen of your Pixii was needed for a couple of weeks now. What's the delay in getting it done?

G

@jsrockit: Enjoy your new M240! :)

Thank you. The only store that deals with Leica here in Chile called Leica Germany and was able to get some used CLA´d / refurbed deals. The M240 was offered to me, it has been serviced by Leica and with a 1 year store warranty at a price that would be considered good in the US. So, I jumped on it while I could. I think the store is trying to push Leica these days and needs some starter (cheaper) models to offer to those who aren't used to Leica prices. Therefore, they asked for some refurbs, etc. It worked out for me. It'll be a few weeks before it arrives though.

Getting the M10-M has kinda taken me out of the market for most things ... it's an extremely satisfying camera to use!

I can imagine. It seems everyone that has one (or the Q version), loves it and feels like it is a different level of image quality.

I am sure they will either fix it or replace it or if you complain enough, give you your money back. Seems to me like it should be an easy fix when you decide you are ready to deal with it. Why not send a quick email and make a meeting? Seems easy to me.

I am officially no longer interested. I bought a used M240 (M2Fatty) finally.

I will shoot Barth an email for an online Teamviewer meeting. The camera has "self-healed" to where the blue cast is gone but while the app has connected to the WiFi the camera cannot see that. It is an interesting camera with good color and definition. I like also that it re-ignites the 19th century Franco-Prussian War. LOL I do find the Uebermenschlichkeit attitude of Wetzlar and the Leica fan-boys irritating. I really like my M9 a lot, more than the M240's. The M8.2 also. But let's not make this a Ring Cycle festival complete with bellowing German Wagnerian tenors. The M9 is a great camera. I think Wetzlar is trading on the M3 and M9 reputation. I have yet to see on the Internet or in print anyone flatly say that any post M9 images are better than the M9 itself. And the Pixii has honed their sensor software to very, very close. Les maudits francaises. Bless them. I am torn on nationalities. The German side of my family is Huguenot. LOL That complicates loyalties.

And good luck with the M240. I know you will turn it into a great tool.

Well mine arrived, well packed looking super...... Click image for larger version  Name:	P0000051.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.4 KB ID:	4800019
One of the first images, I hadn't realised I chose MONO (Ha-Ha) - lens 21mm SEM, into Capture one as DNG, Exposure turned down a very small amount and not much else. It is a grey and miserable day.....

Some disappointments though, my two Wise 4K SSD's show their activity light but once disconnected have transferred nothing from Pixii to the SSD, even though Pixii goes through the process as normal. Same with Samsung T5 SSD, same with DJI Pilot. None of them play with the camera, the only thing that does is a DT microDuo 3C USB A/C 64GB chip. So plans to use those devices are scrapped for the moment.

The placement in a bag needs care, as it is easy to press on/off button accidentally. A physical switch which must be turned is far superior but one cannot have everything!

Click image for larger version  Name:	pixii_Heliar.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.8 KB ID:	4800042
The Voigtlander Heliar 50mm F3.5 is a great lens to couple with the Pixii. Also the SEM 21mm Leica, BUT you need strength to get them the SEM21 and Summicron 35mm off!! No easy task without a lot more practice, they fit so tightly. Summicron 50, Macro Elmar 90 and Apo-Telyt 135 don't have the tightness in removal issue.

Last edited:
Out and about this morning with Pixii and Heliar 50mm. First one some reeds in the river and the second one a look up the river to a part of the town.
P0000072.jpg
P0000073.jpg

Attachments

• P0000073.jpg
    P0000073.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 5
Out and about this morning with Pixii and Heliar 50mm. First one some reeds in the river and the second one a look up the river to a part of the town.
(... snip ...)

Looks like you're having fun with it! Nice photos ... :)

You were connecting the drives to the USB-C port? Hmm. I didn't try that when I had the Pixii. I just used either a Sandisk Extreme 64G or 128G storage card to record my exposures and left it at that.

G

P0000078.jpg
P0000078.jpg
Not sure you will be able to tell anything from these two images. The first one is straight out of the camera, into Capture One and exported with me making no changes of my own.

This second image has had very little changes made with Auto Adjust in C1.

IMG_2130.jpg
What do you think?

Does the 21mm SEM color shift on the Pixii? You’re the first person who has that combo!

I have not noticed anything, but will try tomorrow with that very lens. I mentioned in my above post that that lens and the 35mm Summicron were difficult to take off, I think I am getting the hang of where exactly to hold it because the issue is receding. None of my lens have tightness issue when taking on or off on the M11.

Attachments

• P0000078.jpg
    P0000078.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 4
Looks like you're having fun with it! Nice photos ... :)

You were connecting the drives to the USB-C port? Hmm. I didn't try that when I had the Pixii. I just used either a Sandisk Extreme 64G or 128G storage card to record my exposures and left it at that.

G

Indeed I was, as they work perfectly with my iPad and iPhone. So I presumed or hoped that they would with the Pixii. Anyway no problem, I have a 64GB stick and now a Samsung Duo 128 both work flawlessly. The Samsung is newer and quicker than the DT microDuo 3C USB A/C 64GB one.

Doh! I'd forgotten completely that the Pixii storage is internal, not via SD card. LOL! It's like the Light L16 in that regard.

With the Pixii , I used a SanDisk Dual port, 512G thumb drive to pull exposures from it. My guess is that the other drives you tried needed more power than the Pixii could provide ... I've seen that happen often with various devices.

G

Doh! I'd forgotten completely that the Pixii storage is internal, not via SD card. LOL! It's like the Light L16 in that regard.

With the Pixii , I used a SanDisk Dual port, 512G thumb drive to pull exposures from it. My guess is that the other drives you tried needed more power than the Pixii could provide ... I've seen that happen often with various devices.

G

I was surprised about the DJI Pilot 2GB drive as that is self-battery powered.

Back