New Voigtlander 35/1.7 M Arriving the end of August $980

I can't complain with the $1000 price range if the standard is high.

The Leica and Zeiss lenses have a certain sharpness and IQ about them though.

Hmmm. This closer focusing issue seems annoying. Could a tech install a stop or other mechanical device to limit the focus to a length matching the camera's minimum focus distance?

Why do you want to limit the close focus? Consider it to be a freebie!

Once the RF patch stops moving as you focus closer, you know you are no longer RF coupled. Then use a tape measure from subject to film plane and set the distance "by scale".

Many CV lenses have close focusing, including the 21mm f/4, (maybe 28 3.5, and 35 2.5, I don't have mine on hand to check). The tape measure method works fine with them.

21330960085_79a8eddb5b.jpg

The images shown in the miranda review show what appears to me to be some pretty significant color shifts going on, and the shifts being toward magenta on one side of the frame and cyan on the other. This seems odd to me. Anyone else have a thought about that?

You should link to the images about which you write. I see colorshift from the A7r, but it must be very subtle on the 240, as I don't see it there.

The A7r shifts color on many RF lenses, 35 and wider.

The A7r2 does not shift colors so much, though edges with many RF lenses are still an issue: the hope is not so much with this lens. Our leader has sent one to Mr Huff, who shows it off in the video here:

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2015/...-the-house-hold-fast-olympus-and-voigtlander/

and has some nice things to say about Cameraquest :)

Why do you want to limit the close focus? Consider it to be a freebie!

Once the RF patch stops moving as you focus closer, you know you are no longer RF coupled. Then use a tape measure from subject to film plane and set the distance "by scale".

Many CV lenses have close focusing, including the 21mm f/4, (maybe 28 3.5, and 35 2.5, I don't have mine on hand to check). The tape measure method works fine with them.

Ok I'm convinced. Off to find a m5 and 35/1.2vii...

Back