Washington (state) Newcomer!

agentlossing

Well-known
Local time
12:25 PM
Hello any and all who are still Seattlites and shooting. I'm now one of you! More specifically, Mercer Island. But Seattle is my main target for shooting, also is where I work.

How has your photography been going? Any standout shots/stories/moments? Rainy PNW winters can be a struggle to go out into, but do provide some cool opportunities for gloomy/moody/contrasty/cityscape photos.

I haven't gotten out much recently, just sporadically. There was an incredible sunset last Tuesday that hit while I was driving, so I scoured up and down residential streets searching for a good viewpoint, but the magic was mostly gone by the time I found one and started shooting. Yesterday was nice, today was rainy, who knows what tomorrow will bring. Glazer's and Kenmore Camera both organize photo walks on Eventbrite, with one coming up later this month through Glazer's at Fisherman's Terminal. I was registered for one last November that I didn't end up attending because it was pouring rain.

I live in the Tri-Cities metro area on the east side of the state, but I do tend to get out to Seattle a couple times a year, usually centered around doctor appointments. There's a lot of the city I've yet to explore, but if you like I can share some photos I've taken around town. Most time I've spent is around the University District, but I've also taken some nice photos in Capitol Hill, First Hill, Belltown, Seattle Center, Queen Anne and Downtown, as well as on the I-5 corridor from a car.

Welcome to Washington!

I grew up in the Seattle area and attended the University of Washington (many years ago). I, too, like the University District and I also like the Arboretum and Japanese Tea Garden.

I have lived in Moses Lake, Central Washington (east of the mountains), for 40 years now.

- Murray

Good to hear from you relatively nearby guys! I'm in Ellensburg, about 100 mi east on I-90 over the mountains from Seattle. But I grew up on the wet side, a few miles north of Bremerton along Dyes Inlet. I went to U of W twice, separated by 4 years USAF service in Turkey and South Dakota. Lived on Capitol Hill, Northgate, and Burien for 10 years as Boeing moved me from one plant to another. I mostly shopped at Olympic Camera Center downtown on 4th, where I bought my M2 and 35 'cron 8-element, plus a few Pentaxes. I've been in Ellensburg now for 47 years... Drop in and say hello when in the neighborhood!

Welcome! I'm in Snohomish but do make it into Seattle with a couple of RFF'ers. Like Doug did service and the Boeing thinggy. Every once in awhile we'll meet up on the ave, Big Time Brewery. If you all would like to meet up sometime, let me know.
Cheers!
Gary

Welcome to Washington!

I grew up in the Seattle area and attended the University of Washington (many years ago). I, too, like the University District and I also like the Arboretum and Japanese Tea Garden.

I have lived in Moses Lake, Central Washington (east of the mountains), for 40 years now.

- Murray
We recently checked out the arboretum and Japanese garden. Very nice spots! I would like to spend more time wandering around the arboretum especially.

Back