Nikkor 50mm/5cm recommendations with Leica M11/M6TTl + Amedeo

I shimmed the Zeiss Sonnars for the S-Mount to Leica adapter, much the same way as I do the J-3.
The Amedeo Adapter for Contax to Leica is Perfect, uses an indexed cam. The S-Mount to Leica uses a straight cam.

I sent Amedeo an email and asked if if he was still making the LTM version, and he said yes, so I bought one from him. I worked with Amedeo many years ago when he was in Venezuela, distributing shipments to his US customers. They are still made there but he now lives in Miami. I have sent him another email asking for status...will advise...

I sent Amedeo an email and asked if if he was still making the LTM version, and he said yes, so I bought one from him. I worked with Amedeo many years ago when he was in Venezuela, distributing shipments to his US customers. They are still made there but he now lives in Miami. I have sent him another email asking for status...will advise...
Thank you!! If he’s still making them, I will buy!!

Very excited because yesterday I received a silver Nikon S3 + 50mm f1.4 millenium set that looks and feels brand new. Now i just have to wait for the Amedeo adapter to arrive to use it on my M11/M6TTL. What a beauty.

Have been playing with it and the lens works very smooth. Found i considerably more difficult to focus than my Leica's cause of the S3 rangefinder patch. Not sure if the age maybe fogged the mirrors or I just have to get used to it. I have no experience/comparison with these Nikon RF. Especially in low contrast/light it is much more difficult. Will practice and probably shoot one test roll to see if i will keep the camera. Feels stupid to even think about maybe selling such a beauty but to maybe it just sitting in the box feels also criminal.

Very very much looking forward to see my results with this lens.

On a side note: Is there anyway to add a diopter to these camera's. Using my reading glasses helps focussing but is troublesome for composing the whole shot.

Very excited because yesterday I received a silver Nikon S3 + 50mm f1.4 millenium set that looks and feels brand new. Now i just have to wait for the Amedeo adapter to arrive to use it on my M11/M6TTL. What a beauty.

Have been playing with it and the lens works very smooth. Found i considerably more difficult to focus than my Leica's cause of the S3 rangefinder patch. Not sure if the age maybe fogged the mirrors or I just have to get used to it. I have no experience/comparison with these Nikon RF. Especially in low contrast/light it is much more difficult. Will practice and probably shoot one test roll to see if i will keep the camera. Feels stupid to even think about maybe selling such a beauty but to maybe it just sitting in the box feels also criminal.

Very very much looking forward to see my results with this lens.

On a side note: Is there anyway to add a diopter to these camera's. Using my reading glasses helps focussing but is troublesome for composing the whole shot.
Get used to the patch. That's Nikon RF. It works .

Get used to the patch. That's Nikon RF. It works .
Already noticed that the correct Diopter will help. I need one to see the rangefinder patch clearer. Have received a 0 FG/EM diopter that matches but now i have to figure a way to mount that non-destructive to my New Millenium S3. It was supposed to fit the SP 'perfectly' but not the S3 i noticed.

Roel, have you seen this thread? It might be just what you need....

Roel, have you seen this thread? It might be just what you need....

Thank you James. I saw this yesterday. Might be a solution to explore after i try the diopter. Seems like the people who tried it are happy with the results they got.

Can anyone recommend a repairperson in the EU for shimming/calibrating a Nikkor Millenium + Amedeo adapter to work on Leica cameras?

If it's an Amedeo S-mount it shouldn't need to be adjusted; or is it a Contax adapter?
It's an Amedeo adapter, but I don't know if it was made by him. I bought it from Amedeo Adapter Japan.

The Nikon Amedeo+ Millenium combination has severe backfocus. When I mount the Millenium on a Contax adapter (this time bought directly from Amedeo), it has a slight front focus, but smaller than the backfocus of the Nikon Adapter. The Contax adapter works perfectly with my Zeiss Sonnar.

It's an Amedeo adapter, but I don't know if it was made by him. I bought it from Amedeo Adapter Japan.

The Nikon Amedeo+ Millenium combination has severe backfocus. When I mount the Millenium on a Contax adapter (this time bought directly from Amedeo), it has a slight front focus, but smaller than the backfocus of the Nikon Adapter. The Contax adapter works perfectly with my Zeiss Sonnar.
It makes sense that the Nikkor will front focus on an adapter made for Contax. Severe back-focus sounds like the adapter is off. The older Amedeo adapters had some issues. Both of my internal-mount dedicated adapters are perfect, one Nikkor and one Contax.

Can you post pictures of the adapter? The Nikkor needs to have a thicker shim. This will probably mean dedicating it for the particular adapter, and it will front focus on a camera.

It makes sense that the Nikkor will front focus on an adapter made for Contax. Severe back-focus sounds like the adapter is off. The older Amedeo adapters had some issues. Both of my internal-mount dedicated adapters are perfect, one Nikkor and one Contax.

Can you post pictures of the adapter? The Nikkor needs to have a thicker shim. This will probably mean dedicating it for the particular adapter, and it will front focus on a camera.
I can't post pictures with the adapter, as I have returned it to the seller, who was gracious enough to refund me. However, he was adamant that on his M240 the adapter+ lens combination worked perfectly (I sent him also the Millenium to see for himself). Very strange.... On my M10-R it simply doesn't focus at the intended point, but at least 5 cm backwards. Just to say that all my other 7 Leica lenses work perfectly on my camera

Interesting, and unusual. I used to distribute to USA addresses for Amedeo when he lived in VZ, I have tested and inspected a large number of these adapters and have never seen one that is out of spec. Makes me curious about the Millenium?

Interesting, and unusual. I used to distribute to USA addresses for Amedeo when he lived in VZ, I have tested and inspected a large number of these adapters and have never seen one that is out of spec. Makes me curious about the Millenium?
I understand that and I also had a perfect experience with my Contax adapter bought directly from him.

My Nikon-S adapter however, which I didn't buy from him- and I don't want to imply anything negative, just to point out the fact- has severe backfocus. As if though it was too thin to focus the Nikon lens on my camera.

Back