Nikkor-UD f/3.5 20mm

Yeah, I have that lens, I love it. I AI'd mine so I can use it on my Nikon F6, FM2N and Df, but I think it's a great wide angle lens. Not much distortion. Sharp wide open (which, come on, is f3.5 so it's not a surprise it's sharp). But yeah, I'm glad I've got mine. I pair it with a bevy of older glass like the 35mm f2.0 and 105mm f2.5.

Best,
-Tim

I'll send you my address and I will dispose of it properly for you.:) I have had one for close to 30 years and have never had a complaint. Before that I had the 20mm f 4.0 with 52mm thread. I was not impressed with it and sold it. I like the rendering of all the older Nikkor glass with black and white film.

Actually I used mine on my Fuji XT-3 today.

Until about a year ago I’d never owned one but several companies I worked for had them so I’ve used them for nearly fifty years. In the 90’s I owned the 2.8 AIs model and for the past ten or so years owned the more recent 3.5 AIs version (52mm filter version). I started building a kit of non Ai lenses to go with my F body and found a like new one with the factory Ai ring installed and bought it. When I got it I stuck it on my D800 and Df and found it is much sharper than my 3.5 version.

What I can say is it’s excellent even wide open on both film and FF digital. I’d say it’s as good Or better than any 20 I’ve shot with. The two negative are it’s not small and it takes large filters but the image quality is excellent.

Guys, thanks for answering with useful information. I have one in my sights and if I can get it then I'll have it on my F2 in January.

This Is my newest lens for Nikon Cameras;
Having used quite alot of Nikkor lenses; Now i want to have some "unique" or "characteristic" lenses
And I this this one fit that criteria;
Other 2 Nikkor lenses of mine are: 35/2.8 PC and 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor lenses

IMG_0006.jpeg

Back