Nikon 1 rebate in Belgium

jonasv

has no mustache
Local time
6:30 AM
I am from Belgium, although I do not currently live there. I have no experience with this particular shop, but at the price these cameras are being advertised I doubt there would be many in stock.

Next to the links it says "afhaling vanaf 18/07", which means the camera can be collected from this date onwards, so I presume that can only be done in person at the shop. Isn't it strange then to advertise something to be in stock, but it can't be collected for another five days ?

The shop claims all products sold are Belgian stock, i.e. officially imported.

I'd love one at this price, but somehow I have my doubts this offer is as good as it sounds.

Hi Jan,

As I said: no connection to the store, so I'm not here to defend them. But Art & Craft are the people from the former Focilux shop, which was the best shop in the region.

As far as the date goes, they do this regularly: when Nikon announces a local rebate, they don't wait til the actual starting date to advertise this. When I bought a 50/1,4 there it was due to have a rebate four days later (which I did not know about) so they post-dated the invoice and sent it to me by letter, four days later, which I thought was really nice of them.

Focilux certainly rings a bell. I just don't spend enough time in Belgium lately to know Art & Craft.

It certainly is a good price, especially when you compare it to the 10mm lens that is advertised by the same shop.

So if I get it right you pre-order and get the camera the day the local rebate starts ?

The same kit would cost around 550 Euros in Spain and 470 Euros in Andorra.

Back