Nikon S3 YEAR 2000 LIMITED EDITION Diopter

They did not...

The only diopters I've seen so far are for the Nikon S2 vintage (made between December 1954 and June 1958), but at a price you wouldn't want to pay : around 400 USD now.

Nikon may have made them for some of their other RFs too, I should check my Rotoloni book.

That said, how difficult would it be to adapt a diopter from another camera to fit the S3 2000 ? Does anyone want to come up with an idea ?

I am looking for an Diopter option for this camera too. @Geofnik Did you trynthis hack? did it work?

Here's a hack I used on my S2 cameras: Pentax diopters are cheap and easy to find. They are rectangular in shape, and will fit over the Nikon eyepiece with some clearance to spare. All that is needed is to apply double-sided tape to the rear, then use a razor blade trim the excess so that the tape is only adhering to the plastic. Press on, and you're good to go! There will be no loosening, but the diopter is easily removed if you wish. The downside is that they're not "authentic", and certainly don't have that vintage look, but they do let you focus without trashing your glasses.

Reactions: JMF
Here's a hack I used on my S2 cameras: Pentax diopters are cheap and easy to find. They are rectangular in shape, and will fit over the Nikon eyepiece with some clearance to spare. All that is needed is to apply double-sided tape to the rear, then use a razor blade trim the excess so that the tape is only adhering to the plastic. Press on, and you're good to go! There will be no loosening, but the diopter is easily removed if you wish. The downside is that they're not "authentic", and certainly don't have that vintage look, but they do let you focus without trashing your glasses.
Thta's great. Thank you. I will try this.

Back