Nobody there

Please don't.

Please don't.

Exactly. If Stephen thinks I take more than I give, I'll leave the site.

Cheers,

R.

I offer my meager appreciation for your posts Roger. As near as I can see, so do several others while just a very few seem to have a problem. Poor Them.

Thanks Rodger.

There are, I'm sure, quite a few people like myself who will take a minute and pop over to a linked site to see what you have to say, and unless as you say Stephen says something I really hope you ignore the negative comments.

Joe

Stephen already has spoken about this. I couldn't agree more, especially for a mentor.

John

Stephen already has spoken about this. I couldn't agree more, especially for a mentor.
I thought he had but did not have the link. Apparently Roger still insists on the behavior despite Stephen's admonition against it.
CameraQuest said:
folks,

Roger has always been a bit contrarian. I like that about him, to a point.

He took it upon himself not to participate at RFF when told his recent style of merely linking back to an article on his website was deemed no longer acceptable and not really participating at RFF.

While Roger's photography contributions can be outstanding,
he needs to stop merely lazily linking back to his own site without posting and participating with his articles at RFF.
Or, leave his articles out of the mix, and just post.

Stephen

Thanks for the article and the link, Roger! As always, you present valuable ideas in very well written form. I have read and appreciated your articles since the days you wrote for Shutterbug.

I heartily support you linking to articles on your web site, which makes immensely more sense to me than copying-and-pasting the whole thing into a space here. We know its source, regardless.

If we can put links to our personal web sites in our signatures, why couldn't we link to them in the text of a new thread?

- Murray

I clicked on the link.

Maybe I missed it, but I don’t read posts from folks dissing him there like they are here.

Link again:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/threads/nobody-there.137138/

Some here asked why posted link to it is elsewhere. I read how people reacted on OP link there and it looks like quality not always comes in quantity...

BR_SUMMITAR_FUJI_400_2013367.JPG

Anyone or Nobody Here? ;)

1. They're not free to the owner of this site who has to pay for hosting RFF.

Want to use this site for the intention of promoting yourself? Pay for an ad in the classifieds.

1. Are you a mod?
2. Send a message to a mod if this issue is that important.
3. Stop reading if it really sticks in yer craw.
4. What’s the difference between Hicks inviting us to a website where he might get a small pittance and another poster directing readers to visit a real-life gallery where an artist may gain a pittance from sale of a print?
5. The film/camera/darkroom community is so damn small. What do you gain by alienating us with trolling and pedantic arguments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlings,
As my husband says very much, "It has only ever been, and always will be, about the people involved. You may interpret that any way you wish."

"Trolls should maybe wash their ears before they come out from under bridges," - Nana Ouspenskya

Kisses,

Mme. Oscuro

Madame,

This made me crying a little. I am reminded of a story about Hemingway. He says to friend in bar that he can tell a story in six words. His friend bets against that. Hemingway: "For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn."

Hemingway wins. My heart breaks.
Cord.
Mme. Oscuro

'Nobody There' brings to mind..

if the shoe Fits...
by Helen Hill, on Flickr

Roger, I sometimes photograph this topic, though mostly I find I can make more interesting photographs with people rather than their absence. Thanks for the discussion.

U27021I1458352410.SEQ.1.jpg

U27021I1520259501.SEQ.0.jpg

What is happening here is quite sad really - i hope it gets resolved soon. There are moderators, these are the people we need to inform if we disagree with what is happening. Rather than publicly crucifying people, mods need to delete a thread if it does not not meet the website's policies.

Anyway, my version of 'Nobody There'

33612128852_ef1f176c2f_z.jpg

This theme is present in my photography too every now and then

U12155I1226773548.SEQ.0.jpg

places with an own special magic like at Rollei´s former factory here

On balance, it looks as if rather more people are interested and engaged by this sort of thing, and come on to RFF to post pictures and discuss the idea, than want to complain about it.

So I'll carry on doing it until Stephen decides he can stand it no longer.

Cheers,

R.

Back